Favourite Ship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Favourite Ship
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What is your favourite ship in the Star Wars galaxy?

I've always been partial to the A-Wing:

If I could fly any ship from Star Wars it would be an A-Wing. I just love the design. It reminds me of 50's sci fi for some reason. I feel like the pilots should carry ray guns instead of blasters. Razz

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

B-Wing for me. One of my favourite ships to fly in video games (also: to shoot down in video games). I have a mini die-cast B-Wing that I still like to play with every now and then.

My dream ship in the Star Wars universe would be a B-Wing, but with enhanced structural integrity, and thus manual control over the orientation (I didn't like that the ship just turned more slowly than the pilots and spun around the cockpit uncontrolled, but the idea of the rotating cockpit was cool).

Favourite capital ship though: Imperial Star Destroyer. I would want to be the captain. Ruler of my own city in space, with legions of troops and pilots at my command.

Honorable mentions: TIE Interceptor and Nebulon-B Frigate.

As you might tell, I'm a bit of a starship nerd.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:24 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I like the Han Solo spaceship. I like it very much I think it's pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hey, Taral...we do have something in common! B-Wing is my fav. too!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote  

I'll be honest, I don't think I have a favorite ship anymore. The ships have been sidelined in the books, and there hasn't been anything new that's been cool in the movies or TV shows. And when gaming, I usually try them all and rotate as I get bored of one. Back in the day, I would get excited about ships, but nothing in Star Wars has managed to do that in a long time.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My favorite ship is Finn and Poe.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Taral and Skywalker: That's funny because the B-Wing is probably my least favourite ship. Razz

I just always thought the design looked so awkward. And now on top of that there's that new over-powered laser they have that can apparently take out an Imperial light cruiser with one shot.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote  

Quote:

In that regard, my favorite ship is Leia and Chewbacca.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Quote:

In that regard, my favorite ship is Leia and Chewbacca.

Not going to lie, when I saw the thread, I thought we were all getting the chance to finally decide which new trilogy characters are obviously in love, but alas. Very Happy

Those without swords can still die upon them

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ For what it's worth I'm rooting for Rey and Finn. Part of me wants Reylo to be a thing because it means the Skywalkers will live on, but Kylo is so genuinely awful for Rey that I can't really wish for that.

And back to the real topic of this thread... anyone else notice my baby in TLJ?

I like the new design, but I'm still partial to the classic A-Wing.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My favorite ship is Dengar's. It has the coolest name "The Punishing 1". It also looks crazy and apparently the type of ship is called a Jumpmaster 5000, which totally sounds like the name of an 80's rapper.

speaking of which, I bought this a while ago because I found it absolutely hilarious.

Can't you just totally imagine Dengar driving around in a stoner van?
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
It also looks crazy and apparently the type of ship is called a Jumpmaster 5000, which totally sounds like the name of an 80's rapper.

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Can't you just totally imagine Dengar driving around in a stoner van?

Laughing Oh, Dog. You're the best.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol @DPW You've made the absolute best of my favorite Bounty Hunter, well done!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote  

Revisiting this after The Last Jedi. There were three new ships in the movie that stood out to me...

The Fulminatrix: this was the "fleet killer" at the beginning of the movie with the big orbital cannons. Not as cool as an Eclipse-class Star Destroyer, but I liked it.

The Resistance bombers: I love how these look like B-17 bombers from WWII. And they certainly carried that theme with their function. They drop bombs, have ball gunners and there's a bombardier. Just like the real thing, they're vulnerable and suffer high losses in combat, but they're extremely effective when they drop their payloads. For those wondering about the physics, the cross-section book fills in the details. The bomb bay has a magnetic seal that traps the atmosphere in the ship (much like the hangars on the capital ships). The bombs are magnetically propelled down and this also helps them be drawn to their target.

The Supremacy: Snoke's mega destroyer. It's big. There might not be any super guns on this thing, but it can actually make ships. Like Star Destroyers. It's a flying shipyard. And while it took some damage, I think they'll repair this thing for Ep. IX. I liked the flying wing design.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1