Han Solo Anthology Film
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't think I really ever read the Brian Daley books, even though I had several various copies of them. However, I loved the A.C. Crispin books! Too bad we got Jyn Erso instead of Bria Tharen.

Although I liked Han in the OT, and EU, he was never a favorite of mine. Crispin's books gave me a better appreciation of the character, but still not a favorite.

That being said, I really didn't care to see a Han Solo movie. The choice of actors was baffling to me. Sorry, but, to me, neither of the two mains look like their OT characters (Han or Lando). In all of the promo art and now these trailers I see the actors, not the characters they are supposed to be and that just takes me out of it. I'm hoping though that I'll be pleasantly surprised and really enjoy the movie.

I find it interesting that this week, along with the Solo trailer, we got news of two more writers working on new (non-saga) movies and that there are several (more than one) new tv series in the works for the new Disney streaming service coming next year. With the end of Rebels coming in the next few weeks, I would hate to think that the Solo movie will be the only other "film/tv" to be released this year. I've been really hoping that at the end of the Rebels finale that we'll get a trailer for the next animation tv show. And hoping that new show will start this fall or earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I guess the difference for me is the type of media. Books rely heavily on imagination. I still got to imagine that Han Solo looked like Harrison Ford, sounded like Harrison Ford. With movies you don't have that luxury.

Exactly.

I kind of feel bad for Alden Ehrenreich because not being able to play a believable Han Solo doesn't mean he's a bad actor. It's an impossible task. I hope he doesn't get too much flak for it...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote  

Everyone is all doom and gloom on here. I liked both teaser trailers for Solo. I wasn't very excited for the movie before hand, but now I'm getting excited. It looks pretty cool.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, the trailer doesn't look bad.

I don't want to keep repeating myself, I'll just say that I think it might be precisely because I have such low expectations that I have an ironically more positive outlook towards the film than most.

I'll also go against the grain and tell you that I don't like Harrison Ford. He was happy to kill off Han Solo, so why should we invest the worth of the character in him as an actor?

It reminds me a lot of how Alec Guinness disliked Obiwan and considered acting in Star Wars to be beneath his talent. Maybe that's true, but that really rubs me the wrong way. I can't stand it when actors trash the movies that they were in, I didn't hear them complaining when they were collecting a pay check for it.

Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Skuldren: Haha. I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but I have to be honest. I was very supportive of Rogue One and Rebels, but I'd be lying if I said I liked TLJ and didn't have major concerns about Solo, Episode IX, and Johnson's new trilogy and that those concerns haven't all been earned. I hope they can all prove me wrong.

@Dog: I can see that, but at the end of the day, Ford gave a truly iconic performance whether he enjoyed it or not... and honestly the fact that he didn't enjoy it probably made it come out better.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Everyone is all doom and gloom on here. I liked both teaser trailers for Solo. I wasn't very excited for the movie before hand, but now I'm getting excited. It looks pretty cool.

This was exactly my position. I was concerned about this film, but I saw both trailers and became very excited.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think the film looks exciting, I just wish Alden could even slightly do something interesting. I've seen him in other things and he's an okay performer, but I get no charisma from him in these trailers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He looks like Bill Hader
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So, based on a recent pic of the Falcon toy, I'm guessing that the front part of the "newer" Falcon is some sort of escape ship or something. And, by the end of the movie the Falcon will be missing some panels/armor plating, radar dish, and cannon(s). It won't look like the Falcon in ANH yet. That will leave the audience understanding what Han meant when he told Luke that he's made some modifications himself.

Word is that there are some characters in the movie that they are keeping secret (no toys releasing early). It's thought that those characters will be recognizable to fans (hmmm....Boba Fett? Jabba?)

I must say that I'm actually starting to look forward to this movie...not for Solo or Lando (I still think that the actors will take me out of the movie, so to speak), but for the other characters and the evolution of the Falcon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
He looks like Bill Hader

Well that can't be unseen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Skywalker2B wrote:
Word is that there are some characters in the movie that they are keeping secret (no toys releasing early). It's thought that those characters will be recognizable to fans (hmmm....Boba Fett? Jabba?)

My money is on Greedo. I heard a rumor that Han gets his jacket from him. It would be totally in line with SW to take a budget limitation in the props dept. and make that into a story canon element.

Was it in the trailer that Han will be wearing an imperial uniform, or was that another rumor?

I'd be happy to see Jabba, for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It would be strange if none of them (i.e. Jabba, Greedo, Boba Fett) appeared. People would love it and it actually makes perfect sense for at least one of them to appear in a Han Solo prequel. It wouldn't make the film suffer from small galaxy syndrome because ANH established that Han had earler dealings with both Jabba and Greedo, and Boba wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

I also love that we're not just getting the OT Millenium Falcon. It's really cool that they're keeping the same (or at least similar) blue markings from RotS and filling up the prongs at the front is a neat idea.

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Was it in the trailer that Han will be wearing an imperial uniform, or was that another rumor?

There's a Lego minifig of Han in an Imperial uniform. It comes with the new TIE fighter.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 6 of 6