Knights of the Old Republic Series *Spoilers*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knights of the Old Republic Series *Spoilers*
 PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the Knights of the Old Republic comic series thread! In here, feel free to discuss any element in the story or art of the series here, and be aware that when an new issue comes out, the spoiler warning in the title will be altered for it. Enjoy!

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

Last edited by Aush on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:34 am; edited 4 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote  

Well I'm current up to #24. Thought that one was pretty good. As always, Gryph had me laughing. I liked how he gave Raana Tey the code name "murderer." Interesting that the masters are still standing by the prophecy that Zayne will harbor forth a dark age, especially when he consistently goes out of his way to help others. I also liked the fact that Gryph is really, truly friends with Zayne. And now there's one less master for Zayne to deal with...even if he didn't get his hands bloody.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, even if the person doesn't seem like what you've seen, appearances can be deceiving. Look at Palpatine; he fooled many people with his "I love democracy" lines. The only way I see Zayne falling to the dark side is because of his former masters driving him crazy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote  

Read issue #25, the first of the Vector line-up. I must say that the whole Vector thing has really affected me yet. It was a rather trivial dose they gave us in this issue, just a glimpse of the Skywalkers and Carrick in some Force vision. But I do like how the storyline is going. This series definitely takes the cake as the best in Star Wars Comics.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't think that #25 was a particulary good individual issue, but I think Vector is going to pick up some pace with the next issue, #25 layed the groundwork, and now the next few issues will play out the story.
________
Smoke Weed Every Day

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What made #25 was the way Zayne and Gryph were fleeing from the underworld residents for something extreme they did; we can just imagine what that was all about :D I love the exchange between Zayne and Gryph because they act so much like an old married couple Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I got to #26 today and thought the story really picked up. We found out the secrets of the talisman and saw a lot of Mandalorians. I think the talisman does more than we've seen but if this is one of its powers, I think the story in the other titles will be pretty interesting. However, I still need more information which means I can't wait for #27!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I can't wait to read this. I'm not going to buy it, but I'll read it now and get everything in that TPB Randy talked about awhile back. I really like the new character, Celeste Morne.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I picked it up two days ago and I loved it! Scott Herpburn's art is mre cartoony than I'm used to but I really like some of his mandalorian armour designs, especially Pulsipher's. Gryph's armour was pretty kick-butt, too.

Read the full review I did on my website here: http://thejediblogger.wordpress.com/2008/03/31/comic-book-review-knights-of-the-old-republic-26/
________
Juggalo

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Jedi_Christopher wrote:
Gryph's armour was pretty kick-butt, too.

Not to mention his one-liner after getting Zayne and Celeste past the guards into the bunker, "you gotta love an elite killing force you can fool by putting on a hat."

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, I'm waiting to get # 28, but I must say that I'm loving this series. Although I don't buy them individually, I look and read each one and then buy the TPB. I'm kinda glad Vector has left Kotor though; now we can get into the heart of Kotor!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It's been a loooonnnnggg time since someone posted here and there is a lot happening in the comic now. *Beware #34 and recent issue spoilers* Haazen has shown his true self and Lucien is about to go nuts. I love how Haazen took a Sith name for his Sith half and wants Lucien to lead the Sith (did you catch a certain Sith's name there!?). Anyway, this is very exciting and I can't wait for more! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am going to start reading many of the old republic era novels and comics.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I love the Kotor comics; only problem is I can't buy them indivually anymore, so I buy the trade paperbacks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
I love the Kotor comics; only problem is I can't buy them indivually anymore, so I buy the trade paperbacks.

You have some time before this comes out in trade, but when you do get to it, it will amaze you Very Happy

And good to hear you're going to check them out, Autobon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 3