What happened to the Noghri???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, okay. I knew that sounded familiar. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:51 am Reply with quote  

Well it's been a while since the Noghri have showed up in the stories. Does anyone think they'll show up in the Fate of the Jedi series? They were a rather interesting species. Would be a shame to let them fall by the wayside.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I do believe they were just referred to in Millennium Falcon, but it could simply be a false memory.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote  

Yeah, Leia might have mentioned them being vaped by Jacen. Still, I'd like to see a Noghri Jedi pop up. That would be awesome!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Noghri jedi would be pretty sweet. I also wouldn't mind some more Twi'lek (my favorite species) Jedi in FotJ.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

You know, I've noticed since Tempest that the Noghri are totally gone. Shouldn't there be more bodyguards for Leia? I thought they were going to permanently protect her like that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I guess the authors got tired writing about kick butt Noghri so they got rid of them Smile. But, Leia is also a Jedi now and probably said she can take care of herself just fine and the Noghri respected that (much like Lobacca and Chewie's son at the end of TUF and what Han says to them).

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

MizzeeOH wrote:
You know, I've noticed since Tempest that the Noghri are totally gone. Shouldn't there be more bodyguards for Leia? I thought they were going to permanently protect her like that.

IMO she kept coming back unharmed and her body guards kept dying- after a point it became obvious she didn't need them dying as cannon fodder.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aush wrote:
But, Leia is also a Jedi now and probably said she can take care of herself just fine and the Noghri respected that (much like Lobacca and Chewie's son at the end of TUF and what Han says to them).

See I didn't like how they said later that TUF part was a Joke- IMO that is something Wookiee's DO NOT JOKE ABOUT.

I see Chewie dying happy cause he knows he dies saving Han's son, and that Waroo will get to know who his father was when he take sup the life debt- that's how it SHOULD have been from everything we've heard about Wookiee life debts.

But alas- this was not the route taken- I still enjoy what I have. But miss a STRONG WOOKIEE presence in my latest EU books- thanks GL for that NO more Wookiee Jedi comment making Lowie a character barley seen and with little to no dialog. I miss you Lowie!

Bring back the wookiees!

Hahahaha I'm going on like I do at TOS like anything I moan about here will make a difference to anyone there. At least there I know someone who sits in a meeting somewhere is seeing me ramble on so Laughing

Man and I can ramble let me tell ya!

I need to be more positive again Smile Like positive the continuity issues will all be resolved and those that can't will some day get a cleaver as hell retcon.

Yeah that's the ticket!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I thought the Noghri's added some comic releif(by their very stoic nature), along with kicking some tail when necessary.

I say give more page time to Lowbacca AND create a force sensitive Noghri to become a jedi. Imagine their natural abilities in addition to the force(I guess a smaller, quicker version of Saba and Tesar).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think a Noghri Jedi NEEDS to be the Next JEDI WEAPONS MASTER for the Order!!!!!!

I get just a LITTLE excited about the idea!

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I think a Noghri Jedi NEEDS to be the Next JEDI WEAPONS MASTER for the Order!!!!!!

I get just a LITTLE excited about the idea!

Oh yeah, that's a heck of an idea. Maybe we should mention that on the VIP thread at sw.com. Maybe the thought will get stuck in Sue's head and it pops out when they are having a brainstorming meeting with the writers!!(ok, probably not likely)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I love the Rodian Weapons Master pic in the RPG books- and Imagine a Noghri decked out in such a fashion- some sick Knife-Shoto style saber that's new and yet harkens back to an ancient style or something.

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

kurtdc wrote:

Oh yeah, that's a heck of an idea. Maybe we should mention that on the VIP thread at sw.com. Maybe the thought will get stuck in Sue's head and it pops out when they are having a brainstorming meeting with the writers!!(ok, probably not likely)

*adopts Sidious Voice* Yes do it. Dooooooo it....

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

In many ways, I think it would have made far more sense for Jania to have gone to the Noghri rather then Fett to learn ways to defeat Jacen. They are likely equal or superior to Mandos in fighting techniques and were less likely to try and kill her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 4