Friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha...wow...talk abt an ending...hehe...I remember this totally wicked game...'The Heart Of Darkness"....Realllly OLD game...But thats an ending that makes u feell....'MAN, I played the entire game..but this dude was in his treehouse imagining it all"!!!
_but the game is FUN...has anyone else played it???

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote  

So a while ago I promised Autobon to find out some more on gays in Native American cultures and see if I could find any literature on the subject. Well I'd like to make good on that promise and so here are some books with links to them on Amazon.com

I've heard the book The Zuni Man-Woman by William Roscoe is a good book
http://www.amazon.com/Zuni-Man-Woman-Will-Roscoe/dp/0826313701/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232604566&sr=8-1

There is also the book Changing Ones Third and Fourth Genders in Native North America also by William Roscoe
http://www.amazon.com/Changing-Ones-Fourth-Genders-America/dp/0312224796/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231453078&sr=8-13

I did a search on amazon.com for any more books on the subject and came up with these two books. They look alright but I haven't really heard anything about it so I would recommend checking out the William Roscoe books first:

Two-Spirit People: Native American Gender Identity, Sexuality, and Spirituality Edited by Sue-Ellen Jacobs, Wesley Thomas, and Sabine Lang
http://www.amazon.com/Two-Spirit-People-American-Sexuality-Spirituality/dp/0252066456/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231453573&sr=1-1

I'd just like to comment here that with the following book it is quite expensive on amazon.com so I would recommend looking at the other books first as they are cheaper or looking in a used book store for this one.
Two Spirit People: American Indian Lesbian Women and Gay Men
by Lester B Brown
http://www.amazon.com/Two-Spirit-People-Monograph-Simultaneously/dp/0789000032/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231453078&sr=8-4

As a final thing the Iroquois Native Americans also do not see being gay as bad. It would also be worth pointing out here that this only applies to the Native Americans that still practice their traditional religion and have not converted to Christianity or another religion.

I'd just like to say I'm sorry it took me so long to make good on this promise but I hope the books prove useful.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:

I'd just like to say I'm sorry it took me so long to make good on this promise but I hope the books prove useful.

Wow you came through that's what's important!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Quote:

II read a study a long while back that said on average a girl will give 10 signals that she likes a guy before the guy will be clued in, longer if the guy is dense (I don't remember the exact number but it was something like 10). Us guys just aren't hardwired to pick up subtle.

i think that's right, lol. i spent a month trying to give signals to the guy i like, including wearing nice dresses to meet him, complimenting him and following him around like a fangirl lol. and he doesn't get it. Mad
i think that while guys can be oblivious, girls see signals that aren't there. i know i do, a lot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

oh duble post
sorry. i don't know what happened.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 11 of 11