Episode 7: Duel of the Droids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote  

Airs: Friday 11/14/2008 at 8:00 PM Central Time, 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific, Saturday 11/9/2008 at 8:30 PM Central Time, 9:30 PM Eastern/Pacific
Summary: R2-D2 is being held at General Grievous' secret enemy listening post. Anakin and Ahsoka, along with a R3 droid, embark on a rescue/sabotage mission.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

just saw this episode tonight, it was really good! i almost cried when i saw poor artoo all taken apart and dissected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A vast improvement over the first one and my favourite so far. Shocked
There were two things that took me by surprise
1.R3: a spie? Never saw that coming.
2. Grievous gutting the trandoshan. Maybe it wasn't unlike Grievous, but it still shocked me (maybe because it's a cartoon).
The Ahsoka/Grievous duel was handled really well. I was concerned that thet'd be even matched, albeit unrealistic, but it was good.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I thought it was a "meh" episode; I enjoyed it but it wasn't one of those that I came aware wanting it to already be the next Friday. I thought the R3 thing was, although very obvious, cool. Ahsoka holding her own makes sense-- if you think about it, she hide most of the time anyway.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

hehe, grivous stabbing the trando was funny Laughing
as soon as he said something about extra pay, i was just like "haha, he's gonna die now" XD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It was a little unexpected for a kids show. Kinda violent. The whole show seems to only be minimally kid friendly, with the slight amount of language and the violence of Greivous. Its pretty good, but not at all what I was expecting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This is a perfect example of the caveat saying nothing can please all; first it's not mature, then it's too mature? I see where the inconsistency can bother someone, but the whole thing about it being a man children show was made by the fans, not Lucasfilm. In fact, this episode was the first to have a warning before it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It had a warning?
It's funny with that kind of too mature/too imature thing. It displeases just about everyone, but me. I still like cartoons, but on the other hand I like things being a bit more intense. The Chronicles of Narnia balances it well.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think the thing is fans are looking so hard that they go right over the balance that, for a great example, Narnia had. I try to watch it each week not thinking of it as anything but something to enjoy-- much like Smallville , the only other show on TV I watch regularly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I dont care to much for the Clone Wars, but i understand its for kids so it doesnt bother me to much. My biggest complaint is just that there is no excitment really, I am never really worried whats going to happen, because nothing really does happen. And i also find it hard to consider it canon because there are to many loopholes through it. Like the fact Republic never loses yet they are not winning the war, Ashoka is somehow holding her own (and kind of annoying actually), etc.

I was hoping this show would have more episodes like "Rookies" which was a perfect balance and star wars feel. Most of the shows i could really care less about.

Ok rant over, lol. (Its still star wars though so i like it) Wink And i cant wait for the live action shows.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote  

I like this one better than the last episode, Downfall of a Droid. I don't mind the more adult content myself, in fact I prefer it. I'd rather have a more adult cartoon than a kiddy show. Greivous backstabbing the Trandoshan was a good shocker. R3 being a spy caught me off guard as well. It's nice that it can still pull off some surprises. Overall it was pretty good.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Autoban, I thought that I wanted the Seps to win about 50% of the time, but now that I've seen it I feel differently. The way the episodes are structured (standalone) it makes sense that a problem is presented and, by the end of the show, it needs to get fixed. If there were Sep victories it could be told from their viewpoint possibly.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1