New Leader of the Jedi after Luke?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
New Leader of the Jedi after Luke?
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Who should lead the Jedi, if anyone, after Luke?

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think it'll be Ben. As of the Legacy comics we see that Kol Skywalker is clearly in charge, so it seems that leadership stays in the family. They do seem to be the most gifted after all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I winder if the title of Grand Master will be like monarchy (eldest male inherits). That would be cool!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Here's the thing-- the leaders of the Jedi have always been the Council members; Yoda was a Grand Master, yes, but Luke is a different Grandmaster; he actually is the leader whereas the Grandmaster was more of a namesake with Yoda. So, I'd have to say Ben will become the "leader." However, I'm not sure if he will be Yoda or Luke to the Jedi Order.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

Who should lead??
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Coran Horn - who better then a Corillian Jedi Smile nuff said.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
Here's the thing-- the leaders of the Jedi have always been the Council members; Yoda was a Grand Master, yes, but Luke is a different Grandmaster; he actually is the leader whereas the Grandmaster was more of a namesake with Yoda. So, I'd have to say Ben will become the "leader." However, I'm not sure if he will be Yoda or Luke to the Jedi Order.

So, you're saying Yoda was just kind of a poster boy? If so, I disagree, he was very much a leader. And there's only been two known grandmasters and they just happened to be masters. I do, however, think they'd choose a master for the job. Maybe they'll use Corran Horn as Lord Protector until Ben achieves masterhood, Kal Skirita. Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote  

I think the idea is that Yoda didn't act alone in his judgment, he always referred to the council and acted in concert with the other masters. On the other hand, Luke often makes his own decisions and takes the Jedi Order where he wants it to go. Luke does confer with the others from time to time, but he has more leeway than Yoda and can make unilateral decisions for the Order.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I guess that makes sense. I don't think there is an official difference though.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Isnt 'One' person leading the Jedis dangerous...I mean sure Luke is fine, we know he'll make the right decisions, and so is Ben,...but wat if later on...someone not so smart comes up....this just turned into a Kingdom...Like after Luke comes Ben and then his son and then his.....and so on...and that aint fun....Corran Horn/Kyp Durron should lead in my opinion after Luke...Havnt really started liking Ben all that...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

See, but irregardless of the dynasty theory, we know it stays in the Skywalker family. The Legacy comics have given us a lot of spoilers with no explanation for any of them so who really knows? Maybe Corran and Kyp take over but then Ben's son takes it after them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Fatalfist, I fail to see why a hereditary succession system isn't fun. Birthright can be very dramatic. But in the end I don't really care as long as they keep the Skywalker bloodline.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:26 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Its not fun cuz then we start with all the keeping up with the grand name of the Skywalker name!!!And every son goes through that...I'd like the Skywalker name to stay alive as well...but I dont want the Skywalker line to be the only line that leads

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote  

Yeah, I think it would be a nice change to have someone else take over for a while. Corran would be a good successor. Though with his kids going crazy, I'm not sure his sons will be taking over.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If it can't be a Skywalker I'd like to see Kyp take it. He's suffered a lot at the hands of the Sith and he knows a lot about how to avoid the dark side. My only thought against him is that they'd never really let him take over because he's seen as too reckless and people still aren't over his possession thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

"sighs" It always could've been Anakin....but wat abt Jaina I think after the Caedus debacle she would've wizened up...and plus clearly shes nt afraid to do wat must be done....(Ive always had a crush on her Embarassed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 4