What is the Most Recent Piece in Your Collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Bought the 12" Sideshow Plo Koon figurine the other week. He's so awesome, the detail on his clothes, accessories and so on is amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

just picked up the animated cody last night while doing some christmas shopping. he's pretty awesome, especially next to rex! now i just need some plain clones! ROOKIES!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

These wouldn't be the latest as in being purchased, but they are the latest as in being displayed. Poor little dears have been under a bed for almost a year! *sniff*

But here they are:

The bottom shelf is specially reserved for my Lego AT-AT, which I have yet to get out of storage. So the Starfighter is currently holding its place. Smile

I know they don't look like much, but they are! And if you notice on all the bottom shelves in the second picture, there are double rows. I couldn't fit them all. Sad

But at least they're finally out from under the bed! Smile

I asked my sister after I finished putting them all on the shelves, "I have a very important question. What do I do with the next one?" Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote  

So neatly arranged. Cool Me, I have too many books as is, thus my Star Wars books are packed in there two deep and double stacked. Oh well.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Why thank you. I'm such an organizer/perfectionist when it comes to collecting things, that it bugs me to no end if they're not beautiful on the shelf. They're even in chronological order per size! For instance, all the hardbacks are in order from top to bottom, all the paperbacks are in order from top to bottom, and all the midsize Scholastics are, also. Including any sizes in between. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote  

I haven't bought anything from Star Wars in so long

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The most recent display piece in my collection is my GG 13 inch Vader statue. It has a pretty sharp metallic chrome finish, but what I like the best about it is the lightsaber effect. Very Happy

twitter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

wow, that statue is awesome!

haha, i love your signature, by the way Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That is an AWESOME Vader figure!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's an awesome collection, Mara. That must be every Star Wars book on the timeline...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Reep. Actually, it is almost every book. I have a very comprehensive timeline I've typed up that consists of all adult and young adult canon books. This would include the YJK, JJK, Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, and Last of the Jedi books. Also a few scholastic books such as Legacy and Secrets of the Jedi apply. Right now I'm mainly missing 4 NJO books and a few from the Clone Wars era. Other than that, I've got them almost all checked off! I thank my loving family (my aunt included) for their generous donations every birthday, Christmas, and surprises inbetween. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ugh, really guys? You're back? Blast...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Thanks, Reep. Actually, it is almost every book. I have a very comprehensive timeline I've typed up that consists of all adult and young adult canon books. This would include the YJK, JJK, Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, and Last of the Jedi books. Also a few scholastic books such as Legacy and Secrets of the Jedi apply. Right now I'm mainly missing 4 NJO books and a few from the Clone Wars era. Other than that, I've got them almost all checked off! I thank my loving family (my aunt included) for their generous donations every birthday, Christmas, and surprises inbetween. Smile

Wow, MJS! Your bookshelf looks like mine, lol. Great Collection! The only thing major I'm missing is the vault and pop up guide. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Mandy! I was only able to acquire the Vault through an extremely awesome Barnes & Noble sale that I had never seen before nor have I seen since. It was 40% off any item, and it was already on sale. The 40% still applied on the sale price, and I ended up getting it for $25. I'm not sure what it goes for now, but at the time that was an unheard of price. Gotta love it! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Thanks, Mandy! I was only able to acquire the Vault through an extremely awesome Barnes & Noble sale that I had never seen before nor have I seen since. Gotta love it! Smile

Do you have the new encyclopedia? If you like The Vault then you will absolutely go gaga over Sansweet and Co.'s new offering. I adore my copy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 3 of 23