Episode 9: Cloak of Darkness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quote  

Airs: Friday 12/5 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P

Summary: After handing over a captured Nute Gunray to Captain Argyus and his Senate Commandos, Luminara Unduli and Ahsoka Tano must thwart a Separatist boarding, lead by Asajj Ventress.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:21 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This episode was pretty intense, I missed the first few minutes, because Cartton Network pushed it up half an hour. I don't have any idea how Ventress got onboard, but she made her presence known when she wanted to. I think this is the first episode where the good guys didn't win...but that's okay, I mean the Seperatists had to win a few battles, right? Ventress is a pretty cool bad-gal, I was getting tired of Grevious, so this was a refreshing change for me. I can't wait to catch it again on Sunday, er, later today I mean. :wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quote  

I liked this one too. It was fast paced and really let Ahsoka shine. Plus we get our first glimpse of Luminara. Two points I liked in this one. One: that Luminara learns from Ahsoka. Two: bad guys win. I think letting the bad guys win on this one helps add balance to the series. Not mention it keeps canon intact since Gunray dies at the hands of Vader. And again we get another cheap back stab by the villains against the villains. Makes you wonder how they stay in business...

Just remember, it doesn't pay to work for the Sith...or the Seps. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This was one of the better episodes in my opinion. And Nute Gunray has to be one of my favorite characters in this series Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote  

Nute? Your fav?

Well, I guess he is voiced by Sponge Bob... Laughing

I liked how Ahsoka kept taunting him. Her 'aggressive negotiations' were much more effective.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Oh i see where this is going...... lol

I dont know why, but i liked his character, complete with cheesy dialog too, "I always had a good feeling about you"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Autobon wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

Oh i see where this is going...... lol

I dont know why, but i liked his character, complete with cheesy dialog too, "I always had a good feeling about you"

Or when Ahsoka got trapped in the cell, "how do you like your room youngling?" I found myself giving Ahsoka a little "hah! got you didn't he?!"

Also I couldn't help but chuckle at Argyus' hairdo, he looked like a character in the live-action Grinch movie! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote  

Yeah, his hair was nuts. Every time I saw it, it threw me off. At least we won't have to see it again. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

so how did she win i missed the last few mins...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Yeah, his hair was nuts

Quote:
Argyus' hairdo

Ok i have it. He looks like the villian in The Incredibles, the blond big hair look.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote  

Ventress escaped with Gunray (her mission was to save him). She also backstabbed Argyus (the blue armored Senate guard) at the very end, just like that Trando got stabbed by Grievous.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes, lol. Sometimes you wonder why people are so stupid. When i am watching the Trandoshan trying to get more credits out of Grevious, or Argyus taking credit for everything, I just have to sigh and watch for the inevitable outcome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Unfortunately, because of Christmas specials, TCW has been temporarily ousted on CTV. I remember at the beginning, Cartoon Network had both Ambush and Rising Malevolence and CTV only had Ambush, so I was on behind for a while. Then, due to the Haloween special or something, Cartoon Network skipped TCW for a week and I was finally caught up...
Oh, well.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1