Starkiller - Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starkiller - Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Who is he? What can he do? Will he turn to the light? Feel free to discuss the Secret Apprentice here.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

Last edited by MasterAndrew15 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

He is one powerful Force user!! I look forward to knowing more about his character. I suspect him to be someone who is very loyal but starts to question those loyalties when he's put into situations that aren't as black and white.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have this sneaking suspicion that he'll turn to the light. I can't decide if I like that ending or not, but I suppose it's okay. Will have to wait for the book, cause I'm not gonna be able to get my hands on the game. Darn.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, redemtion is a theme, if not the theme, of TFU. It seems, from the figures and articles I've read, that
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
The novel will canonize the ending and will give us a better look at the feelings of the SA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

True...so I suppose I can be happy that they're having a novel. I definitely can't wait! And I was wondering back when if it might be Ferus, but I think I've put that theory to rest.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote  

With what we've seen of the new apprentice's Force powers, we know he's considerably powerful. In fact he's one of the most powerful Force users we've seen, at least in his demonstration of the Force. Just how powerful he is considered cannonically is an interesting point. He can't be as strong as Vader because Vader is the strongest. And it's doubtful that he's as strong as say Yoda, Windu, or Palpatine. But he may be on par with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Dooku. Yet if Vader thinks he's powerful enough to help him take down the Emperor, then who knows just how strong he might be. Vader himself might even question the apprentice's true potential in the Force.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
With what we've seen of the new apprentice's Force powers, we know he's considerably powerful. In fact he's one of the most powerful Force users we've seen, at least in his demonstration of the Force. Just how powerful he is considered cannonically is an interesting point. He can't be as strong as Vader because Vader is the strongest. And it's doubtful that he's as strong as say Yoda, Windu, or Palpatine. But he may be on par with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Dooku. Yet if Vader thinks he's powerful enough to help him take down the Emperor, then who knows just how strong he might be. Vader himself might even question the apprentice's true potential in the Force.

Your discussion here makes me think about raw power vs harnessing that power arguments. I would agree that Vader is the most powerful by far when it comes to raw power but if that's all it takes then why did he lose to Obi-Wan? Obviously there's more but this may be best kept for another thread if anyone wants to discuss this in more detail.

Nevertheless, I am curious to where this apprentice falls in the spectrum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quote  

Well with Vader I should have emphasized that cannonically Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker are the most powerful Force users ever. No one can match or excede their potential. Though Leia could, I suppose. Going with this it's only natural that Jaina and Jacen are close to but not equal in this inherited Skywalker Force affinity.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Well with Vader I should have emphasized that cannonically Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker are the most powerful Force users ever. No one can match or excede their potential. Though Leia could, I suppose. Going with this it's only natural that Jaina and Jacen are close to but not equal in this inherited Skywalker Force affinity.

I would agree with you there, Darth Skuldren. I think in one of the more recent novels Jaina says she has just as much potential as her brother which would mean Leia does with Luke but I think Luke may be one of the most powerful to have the most control over his power. It's still hard for me to compare him to Yoda at their later ages.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, recently it's been discovered that "Starkiller" is his codename.. What do you guys think? I rather fancy it, myself.

I just can't wait to learn who he really is... name and all.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote  

Yep, Starkiller is a cool name. It goes right along with Death Star, Star Destroyer, Sun Crusher. Too bad it's just a code name. It would be cool being named Darth Starkiller, or better yet Lord Starkiller. Ah yes, the dark side will be mine Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I hadn't even thought of that, to be honest. Very Happy

I heard him talk for the first time in the new Force Unleashed web-doc, "A New Chapter," and it seems Sam Wither fits him perfectly. He's even a little bit funny; everyone loves a funny Sith, right? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree the web-doc was really awesome, I liked seeing some pieces of the story coming out. As for the whole power argument, I thought it would be neat if his abilities to foreshadow danger were weaker compared to his 'kinetic powers' - a reverse of Corran Horn's situation. I know totally random.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Everyone here probably knows this, but Luke's last name used to be Starkiller in an early draft of the script for A New Hope.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The guy who plays him (Sam Witwer or somethin like that) is SUPER HOT!!!! i just watched The Mist, that Stephen King movie, and he was in there and i was like OMG!!!! and i was so sad when something happened to him...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 5