Star Wars: The Clone Wars Movie Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Movie Discussion
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Here is where you can discuss the upcoming Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie debuting on August 15, 2008 in North American movie theaters.

Last edited by MasterAndrew15 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

How many people are planning on seeing it in theaters? Also, what's up with Anakin having an apprentice?! That's a brand new piece of information that I'm very interested in.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote  

I'll probably see it. Can't think of any reason why not too. Plus Anakin's new apprentice is very interesting. A glimpse from the show revealed
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
(I don't think it's too spoilerish.)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Really? That's a little odd. How can that happen?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

When I first heard it, I thought Anakin Skywalker having a apprentice was really out of character. If Anakin is what you say he is, Darth Skuldren, then I'm not as worried. I'm still unsure though...

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote  

If you watch the clip they have on the starwars.com site, (it pops up now on the main page) they show a clip where he actually says it. It seems the whole idea is Yoda's. Perhaps he thinks this will help mature Anakin, or maybe the Order is short on Jedi Masters because of the war.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I just has a thought. Okay, at this point, Anakin would probably be a Jedi Knight, since he's obviously not a Master. Once a Jedi Knight trains an Apprentice, he or she is a Master, right? So that would mean once Anakin is done training his Apprentice, he would be a Master. She's not in any of the movies, so he must have lost her at some point, or something like that, since he's not a Master in the movies.

So he messed up somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Or, she died before he could finish the training. A sadder ending, but possible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've thought from the beginning she dies. It's very possible. What would be really depressing was if she died right when they were starting to have a close Master/Apprentice relationship. Because it seems like he really doesn't want her to be his Apprentice in the beginning.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

In the special SW:TCW episode of EUCast we go into this a bit. Basically, Anakin is just as shocked as we are about having a padawan. From the trailer, it seems Ahoska presents herself to Anakin and Obi-Wan when they are on Coruscant.

As for the time period of the show, I think it's going to be between episode 21 of the other CW series and the last episode of the 03'/05' series.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ok, when it comes to star wars normally I seem to be the last to know everything. Everyone knows who this character is, or what happened to that character and so on. But am I correct in assuming that Ahsoka is a completely NEW character? I've heard about other characters in the EU and so on, just names and sometimes relations, but I had absolutely never heard of Ahsoka. Am I the only one surprised that she is going to be Anakin's padawan? Surprised

Last edited by BlueX-WingPilot on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
But am I correct in assuming that Ahsoka is a completely NEW character

Nope, she certainly is. She shocks her own "Master."

Quote:
Am I the only one surprised that she is going to be Anakin's padawan?

Not any more than he is. Her character is new and has never been seen before, in any EU material, so it's hard to tie it in.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Knowing most writers with these stories, Ahosoka probably will just leave to do her own thing before Episode III or be presumed dead but still be alive. In the end, I think it will be another nail in the coffin of Anakin becoming Darth Vader (which I'm sure we all suspect.)

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Aush wrote:
Knowing most writers with these stories, Ahosoka probably will just leave to do her own thing before Episode III or be presumed dead but still be alive.(which I'm sure we all suspect.)

My first thought was that she gets killed at some point, but it would be nice if they just had here disappear, or leave on her own mission. It will be interesting to see how this will all turn out.

Last edited by BlueX-WingPilot on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have a felling there's a reason TFU may be coming out in August like the movie..... See more of Ahosoka I think we might.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 6