New Leader of the Jedi after Luke?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I do think Luke being called Grand Master was when I first read the title, but maybe Yoda was referred to as a great Jedi in a similar way. And don't rule something out: once we knew what padawans and Jedi looked like in the Old Republic, it was forced onto Luke's apprentices and students. It's not at all surprising for the "protectors of the holocron" to redefine canon when its been absent for so many years. (I don't mean to be too critical but they've been doing stuff like this so much lately that I'm getting tired of it. [Mandalorians, Clones, Jedi, Sith, etc.])

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

AUsh has got a valid point...but I usually just go with the flow...>>oh ok so now its like this;)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quote  

Question: how many people would be crushed to see a Mandalorian Jedi take control of the order?

Hey, I can dream Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't mind just a Mando Jedi period.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:40 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mad Mandos are like so irritable some times...warmongeres...Revan PWnS All)))

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:23 am Reply with quote  

There we go, a zombie Revan should come back and become the ruler of the Jedi Order. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi and Mandalorians are great characters by themselves. Of course, we've seen Force sensitive Mandalorians, but as cool as it is to think of how deadly the combination would be, I hope we never see it to it's extreme.

Also, another reason why it may always be a Skywalker is if some author came along and made Kyp Durron the next leader, another author may not like that and come along with some brand new character to be the leader. Much like all the love interests Luke had over the years Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
There we go, a zombie Revan should come back and become the ruler of the Jedi Order. Laughing

Seeing as how we don't really know what happened to Revan, a comeback isn't out of the question. Maybe Revan acheived immortality through the force or something.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote  

He could of had one of those Sith coffin deals that allow you to live in statis. Celeste had one of those and she lived for a couple hundred years without aging. It would be far fetched, but Revan could do it too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Simply cause he's Revan Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:40 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

hahaha...Revan is like my second fav character, after him its StarKiller, anyways Revan coming back wud be awsome...him ruling wudnt be so gud...hes more like the rebel.
___
Different authors wudnt really change the Grand-Master....I hav a feeling that after Luke, there wont be a "Grand-Master" there will be a Council and an informal leader whom they all trust and in the end listen to, for e-g Ben. Ben Might say that he doesnt beleive he can be the Grand Master(whenever Luke passes on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They have to bring Revan back. That would be so awesome!

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

here is an insane thought...maybe he is back...he just doesnt know it yet...another memory wipe???

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jaina as grand master would be cool. She is very good at planning and stuff, but i think she likes to see action instead of worrying about galactic affairs, watching over students, and wasting time with other problems. She is a great leader, but does better with small groups. She wouldnt be able to take the politics side either. She would probably assasinate daala instead of wasting time talking Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah I used to think Jaina would be good, but, like you mentioned, she's the Sword not the Head.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 4