Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Salaris Vorn wrote:
One thing that also occurred to me is they need to redo some of the AI so that they can actually use some of the gunner positions. For example, on the transport ships in space battles at least one position (the guided rockets) are unusable by the AI. Now I'm not saying make it so the AI can shoot down fighter-interceptors with the missiles but at least make it so they can use it to hit large more stationary targets like the capital ships.

i know what you mean its the same way they try to pilot ships... Mad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm wondering how much Rebellion actually has to do on it. I know Free Radical was working on it and lost the contract for it.. not sure why though. I hope it's uber-close to being done and we'll get word from Lucasarts soon.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is very interesting, because Rebellion studios developed Renegade Squadron, the PSP exclusive battlefront.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm assuming they will do a good job; many liked Battlefront Renegade Squadron. I hope they still have all the consoles Free Radical apparently did planned for Battlefront III.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ya, I hope so too. At least I can be fairly sure that the PSP version should be at least decent, seeing as how they did a good job on the previous one. Also, I am hoping this is a PC game as well, which is what I would be playing it on.

And these guys did the original Alien vs Predator game, which was an excellent shooter. So i have plenty of faith they will do a good job with BF3. My only wish is that they change the game system a bit. Its getting to be all the same with the capturing command posts. I mean, other then jedi in BF2, it felt more like an expansion pack to BF1.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I concur; having a story was a nice touch, and maybe giving it a story and advancing the capture command post style would make it a better game. Also, having an option for a story mode but also battles within different eras.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quote  

It would be cool to do change ups. Some battles would be capturing key positions, others wiping out waves of enemies, perhaps taking out key targets, some sort of variety. Other than that, I want bigger battlefields, more soldiers on the field, and more space ships. I think they covered all the land vehicles.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Agree with you both. Mostly, I just dont want to get bored of the game so fast. I dont know if I was the only one, but battlefront was really fun for a couple months, then it just got so boring I couldnt even pick it up and play it anymore.

Which I think is due to the formula of the gameplay.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I completely agree with you, Autobon. I received Battlefront for Christmas when it first came out. I played it for about a month and then promptly returned it to Wal-Mart for my money back. It just couldn't keep my interest once I'd played through the same maps a few times. The only thing that kept it slightly interesting was when I found the 'Yub Yub' cheat. That was hysterical to see the pilots running around Ewok size with their helmets floating up where their heads should be. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quote  

one thing i would like to see is better game support. I used to play Battlefront II online a lot. the problem was there were plenty of cheaters using wall hacks and stuff. I found it kinda disappointing that LA didn't do more to support the game.

I think they also need to work on some balance issues with ships. For example, some transports get the cluster missile stuff that fighter interceptors have. It kinda unbalanced gameplay for starfighters because the transports have more health so if you were on the side with the transport that had the cluster missiles you could pretty much dominate space combat.

Another thing I would like to see is the option to turn upgrades on and off with specific classes. For example, I unlocked the pistol upgrade but for the Clone Commander I find the basic pistol was better (also for the jet trooper where running out of ammo is a real concern).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
For example, I unlocked the pistol upgrade but for the Clone Commander I find the basic pistol was better

Haha, its good to know I wasnt the only one with that problem. So it goes without saying, I totally agree with you. Either have an upgrade give you a slight advantage or give a choice to not take it, kind of like the yes or no choice for playable Hero characters.

Lol, I remember one class had an "upgrade" to their gun that made it just a little bit more powerful, but also a lot slower. I cant remember which class, but it annoyed me to no end.

But hey, Battlefront is a classic, and I only complain because I love it so much Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote  

I think there was a glitch with the snipers upgraded rifle that prevented you from getting headshots. That sucked.

And transports pawn! I love flying around in those big slow tanks! They are the marauders of the battlefield. Hopefully they'll put some Skipray blast boats and B-wings in the third one.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They had B-Wings in the PSP battlefront, Renegade Squadron. They are actually quite fun to fly, and probably my favorite ship.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm hoping they will include more EU centered things, like they did in Renegade Squadron. More planets a different heroes would be nice. Also, TFU having special modes on different systems was cool, so maybe special modes or heroes on different systems.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes, that was one of the reasons I had so much respect for Renegade Squadron. They had tons of EU content. For example, for maps they included Korriban, Boz Pity, Sullust, Saleucami, etc. It was great.

And, for a campaign, i really hope maybe they actually set it post battle of Endor. I mean, they have already had a Clone Wars and Rebellion Campaign, so it would be awesome to see something like the Yuzhong Vong war. Something like that anyways.

Page 3 of 8