Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Exactly; a Vong, a Mandalorian, and even Jedi Civil-War. We don't know all the battles from the latter two, so let's explore them in this.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote  

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I think there was a glitch with the snipers upgraded rifle that prevented you from getting headshots. That sucked.

You aren't imagining it. That being said with the upgrade that increases your weapon power I found that for pretty much all enemies except engineers the regular sniper is a one hit kill with a torso shot. This is also one case where I found the pistol upgrade actually beneficial because I use that when I need to headshot someone (ex. to snipe a turret gunner). That way I avoid getting the sniper rifle upgrade.

Quote:
And transports pawn! I love flying around in those big slow tanks! They are the marauders of the battlefield.

See I don't have a problem with that, except that one side has a trans that has torps and the other gets cluster missiles. It makes it unbalanced because one side has a trans that can basically get space superiority on its own with a good crew but the other side doesn't have that advantage because their trans fires the less effective torps (in terms of fighter combat).

I have no problem if it is an excelent bomber (which the torp equipped trans are certainly good at), but the transports aren't supposed to be better at air superiority than the fighter-interceptors. I confess I have a bias against transports since I fly the fighter-interceptors most often in the game. I was always kinda miffed that the some transports get the cluster missiles, but also seem to have a faster reload rate than the fighter-interceptors.

Starfighters aside I always wondered whether it was just me or was the jet trooper's emp launcher less effective than the heavy trooper's missile launcher in BF II?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quote  

I don't know, I usually like picking the run of the mill guys for ground combat. Just a good old blaster of some sort.

Another thing they could work on would be the big walkers. Perhaps multiple camera viewpoints for when your driving them, and a little better mechanics. They always feel a little too slow and awkward. Not quite the walking towers of destruction you might envision them as.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:56 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm really hoping for more space combat; I mean, Battlefront II had space battles on par with the Rogue Squadron series of games, and I loved those. Taking a gunship, establishing a commando force, and then going into the enemy ship is timeless fun.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I would love to see Yuuzhan Vong battles, but since Lucasfilm has shown they like to mess with continuity, I think it's best to explore the more obscure wars like Mandalorian and Jedi Civil War, since those are also based off a very successful game Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow did anyone catch the new footage yet? It looks so awesome. Wow, that is a major overhaul on the previous version, which were both nearly identical. And those maps look so gorgeous! And Huge! The Coruscant map went clear into space!

Excuse me....... wow nerdness taking over...... woo........

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Don't worry Autobon....I'm having trouble too... Shocked

That footage looks amazing, a perfect refinement of Battlefront 2. Expansive battles, unique and more complex ship designs (much better than BF2's)...it's all there.

I just hope whoever picks up it's development doesn't start over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote  

New footage? Can you provide a link? I didn't think there was anything official out (of course with my internet randomly crashing the since the end of December I've been out of the loop with stuff).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Look on the main page. On second thought, here you go:

Battlefront 3 Footage

Now, we do realize it could be faked or whatever, but I'm certainly hoping otherwise. Doesn't it look absolutely amazing?! I was completely captivated. Here's to the hope of legitimate footage! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really dont think that was faked. First off, it went on forever, and faked things usually dont last that long. Plus, these devs lost their job, and I think they just want everyone to see what it could have been like...... and it makes me cry a little...... Crying or Very sad

Rebellion had better not can any of the ideas. I hope they just fix up any bugs or whatever, and ship it out. Oh and maybe fix the running animation Laughing it looked a tad bit ridiculous.

But seriously... I really REALLY hope Rebellion doesnt change anything (again, apart from the running)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote  

Thanks Mara! The footage does look awesome! I especially liked the whole additions they seemed to have made with space combat. The massive size was just amazing. It would have been nice if we could have seen more of the interior of the Acclamator though (think it was an Acclamator), just to see if they expanded the boarding enemy ships idea from BF II.

I agree with Autobon. The only other possibility (other than it being legit) that I could think of is that being a third party mod, but I can't really see anyone putting that much effort in just to make a hoax.

My biggest concern with such massive size would be the number of bugs and glitches that would be almost inevitable. If the game didn't get proper support from LA it could very well end up being the worst experience ever because of glitches.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The footage looks great but I honestly think it's a long abandoned project. Which really sucks because why would they just let go of that amazing game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote  

Anakinlover89 wrote:
The footage looks great but I honestly think it's a long abandoned project. Which really sucks because why would they just let go of that amazing game.

My guess? They switched focus to making The Old Republic. They know they have rapid KOTOR fans who have wanted a KOTOR III since 60 seconds after watching the end scene of KOTOR II and therefore that means massive profit. Battlefront fans (likely also KOTOR fans in many cases) will be able to wait since they have had 2 battlefronts within a few years plus a PSP exclusive. So those fans won't be as rabid and eager to fork over the cash.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And besides that, KOTOR was a much better game in my opinion. I love RPG's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

True, very true. The KOTOR franchise is way better

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Page 4 of 8