Star Trek's Sulu will be joining the Clone Wars

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Trek's Sulu will be joining the Clone Wars
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote  

George Takei will be voicing a new character in the Clone Wars series. Star Trek's Sulu will be transforming into a Neimoidian Separatist General, Lok Durd. According to the TV Guide article, General Durd will be unveiling a nuclear weapon that kills living beings but does no harm to droids. His episode will debut January 16 and it will be a two part episode, the other half airing on the 23. Ahsoka and Anakin will be traveling to the planet Maridun. The native inhabitants are called Lurmens and are pacifists. Interestingly this was a species Lucas though about for Episode III but dropped. Dave Filoni comments that this episode will raise an interesting question: Can the Jedi still be considered keepers of the peace now that they are soldiers in a war?

Source: TV Guide
Article: 2009 Sci-Fi Preview

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Re: Star Trek's Sulu will be joining the Clone Wars
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Cool. Takei has a voice made for animation; I look forward to seeing how he pulls off doing a Star Wars alien. The storyline also sounds pretty interesting..

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Dave Filoni comments that this episode will raise an interesting question: Can the Jedi still be considered keepers of the peace now that they are soldiers in a war?

A good question, but one I think we already know the answer to: "No." Their involvement in the war was one of the causes of their downfall. Seeing how dangerous the Jedi could be probably planted the seeds of fear in a lot of the Republic's citizens. Knowing that a group of super-powered soldier-monks was operating with no committee or group to supervise or control them probably caused more than a little paranoia. I imagine folks thinking things like "whose to stop these guys if they decide to take over?" This fear and paranoia made it all too easy for Palps to vilify them and justify their extermination.

twitter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, that is a creepy looking alien. Shocked

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1