So..... what Star Wars gift do you get for Christmas??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
So..... what Star Wars gift do you get for Christmas??
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

In this forum you can list what you got for Christmas as it relates to Star Wars. I'll start:

My Mom-In-Law bought me the Big Millennium Falcon. She did make sure it was on sale but now I need to figure out where to put it - this thing is hugh!!

BTW, my son got the Clones Wars Lightsaber game for Wii and the Lightsaber controllers

Hope you all got some cool stuff too.

Your Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I got another Darth Sideous. My family (extended too) has figured out that he's one of my favorites, so they buy him for me whenever they find him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't get any SW presents. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A Clone Wars calendar. It's pretty sweet. Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:36 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My aunt (the biggest contributor, other than myself, to my SW collection) gave me the Lego Rogue Shadow for Christmas. Awesome ship! And gotta love the Battle Damaged Darth Vader and Secret Apprentice minfigs. Very Happy

@Kal: Agh, I am so jealous! If you're talking about the Lego one, that is. Through an extrememly long and complicated (yet totally awesome) chain of events, I was able to acquire the original Lego Millennium Falcon after it was discontinued. I never much liked the rerelease, but I'm absolutely drooling over the new Collector's Edition. However, the price tag is far too high. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

RE: Mara Jade,
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hi Mara,

She got me the action figure Big Millennium Falcon. My problem right now. the BMF is so big I have no place to put it. I can't even find a place to hang it in the house. If I was crazy (and my wife understanding) I could put it on the dinning room table behind my computer desk but it would take up the whole table! Seriously!!

But, I have to say that I'm jealous that you got the Rouge Shadow. That was a Lego I wanted since it came out and sadly that was when I didn't have a job so I couldn't buy it myself. Lucky!!! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I received the first two books in the Coruscant Nights trilogy, the complete radio drama of the three original films (awesome!!!), and the Lego Star Destroyer that's the size of a model (it's about 3,400 pieces!?).

A few years ago, I got the Blockade Runner model Lego set and it took me 6 hours to put together; I don't know how long this Star Destroyer will take. Oh, and to top it all off, my brother got the Death Star 2 model Lego set and it's pushing 4,000 pieces (I think 3,700). Where am I going to put this thing!? Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Aush! Those are two other sets I've also been drooling over. I saw a long time ago a step-by-step picture blog that somebody posted of their putting together of the Star Destroyer. I do believe he said it took him 24 hours to put it together. Shocked

I've got the AT-AT, which is absolutely awesome, and when seen next to the Star Destroyer...I can barely comprehend the size of it!

Anyway, congratz on those additions to your collection! Smile

@Kal: Thanks, I'm really liking the Shadow! And as for the Falcon, that does sound huge! What are its dimensions, exactly? I'm having a hard time picturing it. Though I suppose I could just go look it up...

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade....
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The front of the box says it's 2 1/2 feet long. But, take into account that the Falcon is round as well. It's big! If you go into your local Walmart or Target, look for the Falcon with a price tag that's over $140.

BTW, when I was kid (don't make any comments Evil or Very Mad ) I built a model kit of the B-1 bomber that was in the scale of 1/48th. The model from nose to tail was just over 3 feet long. When you opened the wings (yes, this kit was that cool) it was probably close to 3 feet wide. If you can image that B-1, the Falcon could be "close" but not exactly that size. It's big though Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote  

Finally spent some of my holiday cash the other day. Got some comics on the way now. Legacy volume 2, 3, and 4, KOTOR volume 3, and 4. Plus I'll probably pick up Shadows of Mindor and Wild Space today. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I also got the Big Mil. Falcon! I find it awesome that twice in my life I have gotten a Mil. Falcon for christmas (I got the first wwwwaaaayyyy back in the day and do not have it anymore). I am glad I got it as a gift - it would have been hard for me to justify spending all that money.

It's still in the box - I need to find a place to put it on display. I have a crazy idea of trying to secure it to some ply wood and then maybe mount that on the wall so the falcon is parallel with the wall.

RE: comanderbly....
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

You and I are in the same boat. I have no place for the Falcon since it's so big Sad It too is still sitting in it's box behind our couch until I can figure where to put it. I also have to say, this is my 1st Falcon. I was never lucky to have one wwwaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. It took me 30 + years (I am not giving away my true age folks) to finally own this marvelous machine Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:29 am Reply with quote  

I used to have the vintage Falcon hanging from my ceiling along with a cloud car and an X-wing. Looked pretty cool. Had a Hoth scene set up with the AT-AT and several AT-STs, plus a crashed snowspeeder. Looked like a big battle.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Small SW Christmas for me this year. One item: http://www.amazon.com/Obsessed-Star-Wars-Benjamin-Harper/dp/0811864006 - A book called Obsessed with Star Wars. It has 2,500 trivia questions from all 6 movies. But many of the questions feature EU stuff. I will admit, most of the questions are very difficult. I guess when you make 2,500 questions, some will be about very obscure things.

The neat part is, the little computer connected will randomly select a question. You then look it up in the book, and pick your answers, and give it to the computer, which tells you if it's right or wrong. It keeps track of your right and wrong percentage too.

I had never heard of this book before, but it's a very nice gift.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've played with it in Barnes and Noble, and I'll agree. Some extrememly hard questions! I thought I was pretty good at most Star Wars trivia, but I don't have the greatest percentage score when it comes to that game. Embarassed

Great game, though! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 1 of 5