Blood Oath Speculation and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, my...that threatens to turn me off. But I suppose I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll probably buy it simply because it'll be in paperback and I can afford it. Unfortunately, the FotJ books are all hardcover so I'll probably be hitting the library for those. Sigh, I wish there was a place I could get new hardcovers at a reasonable price. But on the subject of Blood Oath, hopefully it sets the new series up well. I have faith in the author. I liked Dark Journey, so I think she's got the right stuff for this one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote  

Intrigued by your statement, I investigated...

Quote:
UPS just delivered a package of cover flats for my upcoming Star Wars book. The design is flat-out gorgeous. Zekk is flat-out gorgeous. The color scheme is NOT PINK, which in and of itself is sufficient occasion for celebration, but I've gotta say, the use of color on this cover is wonderful.
- Elaine Cunningham

here's the link to her blog: http://e-cunningham.livejournal.com/

In all surprising honesty, I think I'd be fine with this book even if it did turn into a romance novel. Though I really don't think that's where this one is heading. I thought I remember them saying Blood Oath will merely contain some romance.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Delayed to December!?!?!? (Here's the link)

Argh!!!! This is one of the stories I've been looking forward to the most and it's been pushed back from April all the way to December. Very frustrating (but I'm sure the FotJ is right on time to see what Denning puts our characters through now and which few left will still be around at the end of this run but this is a rant for somewhere else Smile).

Still disappointed about this; does a delayed manuscript really mean 8 months delayed? I guess it doesn't tie in very well to FotJ then, too.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I don't understand the 8 month delay. A slight delay, sure. But 8 months? Wow...almost seems like they haven't even begun to start on it. *shrugs* Maybe they're majorly focusing on FotJ, then.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote  

Okay, the cover has been revealed, let's discuss.

Personally Zek looks like your plain old customary Jedi. Typical robes, typical look, nothing too impressive or creative, but a well done typical Jedi. By his looks, I'd say Zek won't be running into any dark side problems with himself. He looks like a straight up lightsider.

The Zel twins, on the other hand, look HOT! I hope to see more pictures of these two because they'd make an excellent edition to the beautiful ladies of Star Wars. Plus it's worthy of notice the two weapons they are holding. One has a neat looking blaster, the other some sort of ceremonial looking staff, perhaps some sort of Hapan trident?

Now, moving onto the blurb...

First it looks like this book is going to be taking place firmly in the Hapes Cluster with lots of Hapans. With the offhand mention of Jag and the Imps, I'm thinking they are playing a secondary role. And the mention of a female pirate captain is intriguing. I'm still not sure what the threat is the Hapans are going to find that would endanger them so much, but hopefully it's a metlmassif encased Cronal. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's definately not what I expected. Definately not a romance novel... or at least not just a romance novel. Zekk looks pretty cool and I'm happy we finaly have a decent picture of him. Earlier on, I said I didn't want a book just about Zekk, but when I re-read Tempest the other day, I started taking a liking to him.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Personally Zek looks like your plain old customary Jedi. Typical robes, typical look, nothing too impressive or creative, but a well done typical Jedi. By his looks, I'd say Zek won't be running into any dark side problems with himself. He looks like a straight up lightsider.

It seems he's modeled after the famous Qui-Gon Jinn picture of him holding his belt, but I could be wrong. I'm going to say the rest of my cover and blurb reactions for EUCast 43, but I will say I like it.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have a theory about the Imperial's new threat:
For a while there has been some speculation if the apparent madness of Valin Horn and another unknown Jedi Knight, could be a setup by the Sith. What if it's a setup by the Imperial Remnant? Could it be introduced in Blood Oath as the new threat? You may wonder why making Jedi go off their rockers would do anything to the GA, but think of it this way. If the Imperials know that Daala is trying to seperate from the Jedi. So without any Jedi to protect the GA and the Remnant with a couple wacko Jedi doing their bidding, tey would be a very lethal threat to the GA.
I don't know just a thought.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote  

Actually I like that idea. They pretty much have to leave the Sith alone from here on out until Krayt reveals himself. I think the Imperials with their nano killer are a likely bunch for this Jedi insanity disease. It would be pretty sneaky of them and it would explain why Jag would be getting mentions. Jag would be the one to crush the Moth's and their nasty plots.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I do like the cover, although I'm not too impressed with Zekk (except that he does look light but maybe they're just playing with my emotions Very Happy); and of course, the Zel twins look great.

Now, for the blurb; this sounds like the scope of a story I've been talking about for sometime: a significant threat but not one that threatens the whole galaxy at the moment. So far, the Coruscant Nights books have done this too, so hopefully the books are realizing they can tell great stories without having to throw the whole galaxy at war (wait, Fate of the Jedi is right around the corner so I may be talking too soon). I am indeed looking forward to this story now and hope Zekk shows all those who don't like him that killing him off just so Jag and Jaina get together is ridiculous because of how great of a Jedi he is! Okay, I'm off the soap box and don't mean anything negative to the fans of Jag x Jaina Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I agree. If Jag and Jaina do wind up together which is most likely, it would be nice for Zekk to move on and still live life.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quote  

Comparison

Blood Oath Cover

Blood Oath Inspiration

I think the Zel Twins look like Leeloo from The Fifth Element, and I have fallen into agreement that Zek is really a young Robert Davi. My evidence has been presented. I rest my case. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is that real?

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote  

The second image is my doing Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 8 of 10