Episode 13: Jedi Crash
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quote  

Airs: Friday 1/9 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P, Sunday 1/11 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P
Summary: When Anakin suffers from extensive injuries in battle, the Jedi Knights must find help on a hostile planet. However, things are only made worse by Ahsoka's constant attempts at controlling her emotions.

This will be the first episode of a two parter.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This sounds like an episode with good character development with Ahsoka so that should be interesting.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Indeed; I'm looking forward to seeing Bly and Ahsoka in particular. Aayla being there is a special treat as well.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What an episode! Very Happy Jennifer Hale as Aayla Secura was great, Ahsoka was a little likable, and the music was amazing. I really enjoyed the planet Maridun; it gave me a calm feeling-- sorta like Dantooine.

Last edited by MasterAndrew15 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

A clam feeling? Wow...that sounds very interesting. I've always wondered what it felt like to be a clam...Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You know, cold, wet. Look it up in any dictionary.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote  

The sky environment in the beginning was pretty cool. Added a nice back drop to the battle. And the battle was intense. I really liked seeing the big ships pouring laser fire into each other.

The monkey guys remind me of the Mygeetian species they thought about using in Revenge of the Sith.

Forgot this was going to be a two parter. Left me wondering how this one is going to pan out. I'm anxious to see Takei as the overweight Neimodian general.

And one last thought. Did anyone else catch the fact that they went into hyperspace while still in a planet's gravity well? I thought they couldn't do that.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

In TCW, they create new laws of physics. Along with new chronology. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quote  

I'm waiting for the retcon on this one. "Oh the planet had an extremely weak gravity pull and they were outside the planet's stratosphere thus able to rip free of its gravity well without too much damage," or "jumping out on the edge of a planet's gravity well merely puts undue stress on a hyperdrive."

I don't know, I think they slipped up on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I enjoyed this episode. It was great to see Aayla Secura - I love how CW is using some EU characters instead of just focusing on the main, regular group. From the time they got on the forest planet (Maridun, I guess), all I was thinking was "Lion King", especially with the talking monkey things. Laughing

Aayla's accent was also cool. Looking forward to the next episode.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Maybe I'm too much a Traviss fan, but seeing those 2 clones just buy the farm, and Ayla just basically shrug and move on, it really disturbed me. Didn't they deserve at least a couple of words in their honor? It's been one of my small complaints with the series so far. Nobody seems to feel bad for the clones except Anakin. Confused

On a lighter note; those lemur things kinda reminded me of the ones in the movie Madagascar, I was half expecting all of them to go bananas at the mention of war! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote  

I think that's a good point Jedipoodoo. Most of the Jedi didn't pay much attention to the Clones because they are abiding by the "no attachment" rule. Remember Anakin doesn't buy that idea, thus he actually cares about his troops. However, I kind of thought that Plo Koon showed some emotion for his Clone Troopers...I'd have to re-watch that episode.

As for those pacifist monkey guys, I'm hoping Takei blows them all to kingdom come with an army of battle droids. Muwhahahahah! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

You see..my opinion is that Plo Kloon gives them respect. So does Yoda, always teaching and even looking out for the clones he was with in the 1st episode of the series. Obi-Wan shares his dry wit, and a bit of comraderie with them. But Ayla Secura..maybe I wouldn't care 'cause I was dead, but I would kinda hope for at least a good word about me from my comrades, not just a sigh and a "let's move on!". At least say "see ya, bro!", to my smoking (or in their case, slobbered) carcass!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote  

That's why I don't like Jedi. Give me a Sith or Mando any day. Someone with some feeling. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, love that comment. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2