Episode 13: Jedi Crash
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote  

At least Luke's Order has feelings. I mean look at Anakin Solo or Ganner Rhysode. There's two Jedi whose deaths wrenched people's hearts. Characters people could empathize with. I'm betting not too many people cried when Mace or Secura bit the dust. Reading about them it's just to apparent that they are different, strange, removed from reality. Monks don't win many popularity contests.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

well, I cried when Mace died...... Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I cried in the theater when the Jedi were being killed by the Clones. The music didn't help any, either. It just made me cry more. And my mom even cried! Very moving scene.

But anyway, I do get your point. I am much more emotionally attached to the Jedi of the New Order. I cried when Mara died, and was very moved/saddened when Anakin and Ganner died. I thought Ganner's death was one of the best written. "None shall pass." Huh, I need to go back and read Traitor.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was pretty devastated when Anakin Solo died, and Ganner's death was the most astounding ever (next to maybe when Luke goes cause you know that'll be epic). I read Traitor every few months just because its an amazing book.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 2