Dark Times Comic Series - *Spoilers*

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Times Comic Series - *Spoilers*
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Discuss the Dark Times comic series here!

The first story arc wasn't too enjoyable until the end for me. The issues took to long to come out (5 issues in about a year?) but the ending had such a twist on it that I wouldn't expect from the Star Wars when the little girl they are trying to save is eaten and the Jedi guns down the being who ate her. Very dark but it caught me entirely by surprise.

For this new arc, Parallels, it has been similar but coming out more regularly. The Padawans are now prisoners of the mercenaries (that's what I'm calling them since I can't remember them right now) and it's up to a Jedi Master to save them. I wonder, though, if he will with a title called Parallels and how the first story arc ended. Since I know one of the padawans in more detail, I care more and hope he survives to be reunited with his mother but I'm not sure now....

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

Last edited by Aush on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote  

I'm current up to issue #8. I really like this series. Bomo is a rather interesting character. Though it's a shame all he's had to go through. Yet I'm not too concerned about K'Kruhk. I've yet to form any ties with him. I guess his character has just never really meshed well with me.

On a side note, I though the artwork for the Gotal was very well done.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I thought I was really going to enjoy this series back in 06'. Right now I'm indifferent towards the series, and I did read the last one. I'm interesting in seeing if it will go more into the Darth Vader's purge.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1