Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil Spectulation and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote  

Yay for more Sith!

And it's pretty much certain that Zannah will have to kill Bane to surpass him, however we don't know if that'll happen in the next book or not. If it does happen, then that means no more books about Bane. So question is whether you can write a book about Bane and his Sith apprentice without killing him off, and still pack it full of entertainment and Sith joy?

I think the easy solution is to delve deeply into the Sith arts, dark side powers, and Sith history. Have them explore worlds and set up spy nets and monetary funds. The beginning of a Sith conspiracy to overthrow the Republic. As of yet, I'm not sure Bane has said anything about overthrowing the Republic, only getting revenge against the Jedi. In fact I'm not sure and of the Sith afterwards had that in mind. It's quite possible Sidious was the one to decide that by taking over the Republic, the Jedi would fall.

And lately we've been seeing a lot of Sith artifacts show up. This Bane novel could easily expand on the back stories of those items a little.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It would be nice if they explained the tassels. If not in Bane 3, then somewhere.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The official description of Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil is now available here.

I'm liking it.. a lot. I really want to see how Drew writes the artifact and how Zannah tries to kill Bane.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oooh, I get the chills just thinking about it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh that sounds amazing! Love the zombie DEATHTROOPERS blurb to Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote  

I like that, Bane actually worrying cause his apprentice hasn't tried to kill him yet. And an artifact promising immortal life...sweetness! I'm still wondering whether Bane will actually die or not. To be honest, there aren't many examples of a Sith Lord killing his apprentice because they were too weak to reach ascension. I wouldn't mind seeing Bane come out on top. Then we'd get to see Bane #4: Finding An Apprentice.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

yeah, but according to everything written as canon so far Zannah went on to have her own apprentice (not that canon is cared for much anymore). I wonder what the artifact could be...did anyone read the Vector comic arc? Wonder if its like the Muur Talisman...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote  

Has canon actually said Zannah succeeded Bane? I think the only place Zannah is ever mentioned is in the Bane novels. Nobody has ever covered her adult life or her legacy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Has canon actually said Zannah succeeded Bane? I think the only place Zannah is ever mentioned is in the Bane novels. Nobody has ever covered her adult life or her legacy.

I'm under the same impression. She was first introduced in the comic Jedi vs Sith which the first Darth Bane book now includes within its pages, but I don't think she's been covered anywhere else. Maybe this will play out like Plagueis and Palpatine: Plagueis looking for eternal life and his apprentice killing him during his search Twisted Evil

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No, nobody is slated directly after Bane. However, there are four people after Bane, closer to Palpatine and his master. They are:

Darth Cognus
Darth Millennial
Darth Rivan and
Darth Vectivus

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

See, now I remember reading about Zannah somewhere. Perhaps it was in one of the guide to the force things or the old Bane comic or something along those lines.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Vectivus is on of Bane's eventual succesors? I always thought he was just a Dark Sider of little importance.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote  

I still think Vectivus' holocron was simply guarded. Casually users heard the stupid factoids about business, but hardcore Sith could discover the true secrets hidden within. Thus I think he was underplayed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wasn't Darth Rivan before Bane?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
Vectivus is on of Bane's eventual succesors? I always thought he was just a Dark Sider of little importance.

I didn't know there were any Sith really post Zannah to Plagueis, so I would need to see where those names are coming from, especially their sources on Wookieepedia. For Vectivus, I always thought he was his own Sith lost somewhere before Bane but after Revan, which is completely possible in continuity since the title Darth began with Revan now.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 4