relationships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Good to hear, just wait until you actually see something in your friend that shows that he really likes you more than a friend.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mhm, that's basically what I'll do. And so ends another dramatic episode in my life . . .

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

We all have those dramatic episodes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

LoL...tis like one of those movies where the ending is reaaaly ambiguous or nt even told=p..and ur left frustrated--ok so then wat happens...and ur staring at the credits rolling down.
Sadly Most Chapters in Our Life End Like That=(

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote  

Ok so I have some questions here because lately it seems that I'm getting my signals crossed.

A girl I recently asked out (and much to my surprise found out had a boyfriend) had been sending what I thought were signals that she liked me and might want to go out with me. It started when she sent me a text message on Christmas day wishing me a merry Christmas. I thought that was interesting since no girl who just liked me as a friend (much less had a boyfriend) has ever wished me a merry Christmas on Christmas day through any medium.

Then when Spring semester classes started she always seemed happy to talk to me after a class we have together and one time said that she had been looking forward to seeing me in class because she wanted to talk to me about some observations on one of the class reading assignments she thought I would find funny.

Now I've just been really confused because the whole thing with this girl has turned my understanding of things girls might do to try to get a guy's attention on its head. So I'm just wondering but could either of her actions have been considered "signals" or have I been using the wrong code book this whole time?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Not Ur fault=)....if it was me I wudve thought the same Confused ....maybe shes just checking u...uknow to check if u "reaaaly" are interested....like uknow...shes checks the expression on ur face when she says she already goin out...if u seem crestfallen/let down...she thinks "oh so he does like me"....if u hid ur disappointment she mite think..."So i was just another......"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Ok so I have some questions here because lately it seems that I'm getting my signals crossed.

A girl I recently asked out (and much to my surprise found out had a boyfriend) had been sending what I thought were signals that she liked me and might want to go out with me. It started when she sent me a text message on Christmas day wishing me a merry Christmas. I thought that was interesting since no girl who just liked me as a friend (much less had a boyfriend) has ever wished me a merry Christmas on Christmas day through any medium.

Then when Spring semester classes started she always seemed happy to talk to me after a class we have together and one time said that she had been looking forward to seeing me in class because she wanted to talk to me about some observations on one of the class reading assignments she thought I would find funny.

Now I've just been really confused because the whole thing with this girl has turned my understanding of things girls might do to try to get a guy's attention on its head. So I'm just wondering but could either of her actions have been considered "signals" or have I been using the wrong code book this whole time?

Yikes! I am seriously guilty of all of those things. I always treat my guy friends like that. She just seems like a happy-go-lucky gal who is flirtatious. I know that I've gotten in trouble by being so flirty in the past. Embarassed
I think for someone who isn't gregarious you could consider all of the above actions "signals", but for someone who is extroverted it may just be their personality. In the event you find yourself in that predicament again, I suggest that you ask leading questions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

lol...mandy8...so its U whose partly to blame fr making me believe women really are frm Venus=p

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote  

MandyB wrote:

Yikes! I am seriously guilty of all of those things. I always treat my guy friends like that. She just seems like a happy-go-lucky gal who is flirtatious. I know that I've gotten in trouble by being so flirty in the past. Embarassed
I think for someone who isn't gregarious you could consider all of the above actions "signals", but for someone who is extroverted it may just be their personality. In the event you find yourself in that predicament again, I suggest that you ask leading questions.

thanks MandyB. I'm glad to know that that I wasn't completely misinterpreting things (right code book, wrong page). I definitely intend to be more careful in the future and try leading questions.

Normally I would agree that she was just being flirtatious except for the fact that after leaving a message on her voicemail when I called her up to ask her out she had her boyfriend call me back on his cellphone to tell me she was dating someone. Maybe its just me but it just doesn't seem very nice or respectful to have someone else say "no" for you. For me at least it takes a lot of courage to ask a girl out so I hope that if I'm going to be turned down the girl will at least have the courtesy to tell me "no" herself.

It all just shook me up because not only had I misread the signals but also misread her personality.

Thanks for the support Fatalfist. Glad to know I'm not the only guy who would have been confused by her. I know what you mean about ignoring future signals by being overly cautious. I'm trying to make sure I don't become temporarily paranoid and miss the opportunity to ask some other girl out who genuinely does like me and want to go out with me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Alright . . . guidance time . . .

So there's a girl a grade younger than me who I've known for almost two years now, and we've been friendly from the start. However, starting a few months ago, we started to talk alot more, and I've really been enjoying her company/conversations. Now I'm not sure if I enjoy that as friends or as more, and I have no idea if she'd feel the same way.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp. Razz

The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Judicar wrote:
Alright . . . guidance time . . .

So there's a girl a grade younger than me who I've known for almost two years now, and we've been friendly from the start. However, starting a few months ago, we started to talk alot more, and I've really been enjoying her company/conversations. Now I'm not sure if I enjoy that as friends or as more, and I have no idea if she'd feel the same way.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp. Razz

I've been in the same situation so I'm gonna compare if I may...

I met a girl a couple years ago and we clicked really well .We've been close for awhile and we started talking a lot. It wasn't quite a relationship thing until it just clicked with one of us. It was her. She brought it up and we're now happy together. The moral of the story is this; if you guys are good friends and you kinda get that feeling, take a shot!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah, I suppose. You just never know . . .

The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote  

One thing you might want to keep an eye out for is if she does anything to create a situation to allow you two to talk together or continue talking. For example, if you are in a group and she hangs back so you can talk to her more one-on-one.

Also consider what she asks you about. Are the questions just small talk general stuff or is she asking more personal questions to get a sense of who you are? If she tends to ask more personal questions there is a better chance she is scoping you out as a potential date than if she is just asking general everyday stuff (e.g. she wants to make sure you two have compatible values and interests).

I don't know if it helps but do you have any friends who are in relationships where you know both people? If you do pay attention to how the girlfriend treats you and then compare it to how this girl you like acts around you. The reason I suggest this is because a girlfriend of one of your friends will treat you just as a friend since she already has a boyfriend. Therefore you can use that information to create a standard of how girls generally act around a guy they just see as a friend. Also notice how they act around their boyfriend and take note of any subtle things they do to show affection without physical contact. You can use these two sets of information to help in picking out whether this girl of yours is making any subtle hints/signals that she would like to go out with you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hey, hey that's a good idea! Haha I feel like I've just been handed the secret of life. Not that that makes it easier to discern, but at least I have a strategy . . .

The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote  

Glad to have helped, heaven knows rocket science is easier than figuring out women so us guys have to stick together. Best of luck to you!

I also had one final thought: if you know another girl (preferably one who already has a boyfriend) and you trust her (lets call her sara for ease of recognition) pay attention to see if sara ever directs you towards interacting with this girl of yours. The reason being here is that these two girls will both be on the same page of the same play book so unlike us where women are a complete mystery it won't be to sara who will be able to see if this girl you like is sending signals. I'm sure you notice and are able to pick up signals by guy friends when they are trying to attract a girl they like because you are on the same wavelength and its the same deal between girls.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 9 of 10