We are Gathered Here Today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
We are Gathered Here Today
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I figured that with the recent announcement many of the characters we talked about in this forum will be gone for good and others may returned with major changes. So let us talk one final time about the characters we love.

This isn't a thread for complaining about the change or that the characters will be gone, but talking about what we love and will miss about the characters.

I think I'll start with an unlikely character, for he was never the focus of any book, but remained a constant yet minor presence since his creation, Gavin Darklighter. This character was created as a nod to the young men and women throughout history that have lied about their age to fight for a cause they believe in, even if he didn't actually lie about it. He started off as a young man that others looked after and took under their wing to become the high ranking ex-Rouge in the history of Star Wars. I always hoped we would get another X-wing book where he was put in character of Star Fighter command. He went from a wide eye child who was nervous to dance with a pretty woman to an Admiral who ignored and brushed off Jacen Solo's force pressure and then gave Jacen a verbal spanking about letting the professionals do their job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know what all I'll miss because I don't know what's different.

What I have missed for a while because of TCW is Siri Tachi. I loved her dynamic with Obi-Wan. And I loved how it played out. As it turns out Satine was basically the same thing, only a Duchess instead of a Jedi. But their arcs followed almost the same path. So I'm not overly sad about it because the meaning for Obi is still there, as are the parallels with Anakin. Still Siri was a lot funnier than Satine.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Obviously Mara could be the big one if they do not make her Luke's wife. I'll miss the Mara of the NJO and Legacy series because she just felt like an old friend by then. Even if they bring her in as anything other than Luke's wife, it just won't feel the same to me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sniff...oh Nom Anor, i'll miss you bro.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:38 am Reply with quote  

Anakin Solo. Chances are he'll be wiped out completely since George doesn't like things with similar names and Episode VII is based off his story treatment. Plus George is still a consultant. Either way, I don't think anyone in the Story Group is pushing to bring Anakin Solo in.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ben Skywalker died too young. Sad

There is a chance he'll be reincarnated in Domhnall Gleeson though.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I figured that with the recent announcement many of the characters we talked about in this forum will be gone for good and others may returned with major changes. So let us talk one final time about the characters we love.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

what a hilariously lame troll.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote  

Obama420 wrote:
Very Happy

Hello and welcome. While we're glad to add new members to the community you should be aware that it's considered bad etiquette (and against the rules which can be found here: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2) to make a post that doesn't make any contribution to the thread and/or just serves to bump it to the top of the forum.

In this case this thread hadn't had any posts in it for nearly five months and your post simply quoted the OP, thus is considered spam due to it not contributing to the thread and is also bumping since it has only served to place the thread at the top of the forum. I understand you're new and may not be familiar with the rules so for now this is just a warning. Please be more mindful in the future to what you are posting and consider whether it is actually making a contribution to the thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 1