What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Original Gameboy. Shocked I didn't know people still use them. Laughing

Well I'm pretty sure my neighbor had SW: The Empire Strikes Back when we were young. I never owned a gameboy and she didn't let me use hers much, so I can't really tell you if its good or not, but hey it's Star Wars. And I remember you get to ride a Tauntaun!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Isn't one of the Rogue Squadron games on N64?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:

The first Rogue Squadron game was for N64 (and PC). The other two were GameCube exclusives.

See my article on EUCantina, all about video games! http://www.eucantina.net/archives/12380

I've been playing The Old Republic, with my male pureblood Sith Warrior. Just started my Legacy last week, and made two alts (a female Chiss Bounty Hunter, and a male Miraluka Jedi Consular). Good times had by all. Except I was having server lag problems yesterday. LAME.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote  

Hogy wrote:

Well I'm pretty sure my neighbor had SW: The Empire Strikes Back when we were young. I never owned a gameboy and she didn't let me use hers much, so I can't really tell you if its good or not, but hey it's Star Wars. And I remember you get to ride a Tauntaun!

I have that game for gameboy. I enjoyed it overall. My main gripe is that it has no save game feature (or at least I don't recall one being there). So unless you go on a gaming marathon for several hours you probably can't beat the game. I never got past the Battle of Hoth but I still enjoyed it.

It depends on your gaming style. Are you one of those people that must get 100% completion or are you the type that is just playing for a little R&R and getting 100% completion is less important than how much fun you have. I'd guess the former type will dislike the game if they don't have the time to do a marathon but the latter might enjoy it since the fun factor is more important than the reaching and beating every single level.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

The first Rogue Squadron game was for N64 (and PC). The other two were GameCube exclusives.

See my article on EUCantina, all about video games! http://www.eucantina.net/archives/12380

I've been playing The Old Republic, with my male pureblood Sith Warrior. Just started my Legacy last week, and made two alts (a female Chiss Bounty Hunter, and a male Miraluka Jedi Consular). Good times had by all. Except I was having server lag problems yesterday. LAME.

I read it! It brought back quite fond memories Smile . Of course, I wasn't around for the start and the early 90s, but the latter half more than made up for it, I felt. Even the bad games.

Say, Taral, could you help me settle something, please? I once played a Star Wars game in an arcade, which had me pitted against Darth Vader in a duel above Endor. You make mention of a few arcade games in your article, but because I played it only briefly I don't have much information to go on to determine if it was one of the ones mentioned. Does the level I mentioned sound familiar to one of the games you brought up in your article?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

I read it! It brought back quite fond memories Smile . Of course, I wasn't around for the start and the early 90s, but the latter half more than made up for it, I felt. Even the bad games.

Say, Taral, could you help me settle something, please? I once played a Star Wars game in an arcade, which had me pitted against Darth Vader in a duel above Endor. You make mention of a few arcade games in your article, but because I played it only briefly I don't have much information to go on to determine if it was one of the ones mentioned. Does the level I mentioned sound familiar to one of the games you brought up in your article?

That sounds like STAR WARS ARCADE. Where you sit in a chair and have a joystiq that you play with. You do the Death Star sequence, Battle of Hoth, the climax at Death Star II, and also have bonus levels fighting Boba Fett and Darth Vader. Amazing game, if that's what you're thinking of.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

In that case, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned. Cheers, Vile! The duel was pretty cool, though I kept on getting my tush handed to me - and I'm sure I had just as much training as Luke Razz .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know I'm really behind, but I just finished Assassins's Creed: Revelations. Really fun game, I thought.

I'm playing Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS right now. It's so fantastic. It's like playing a console game in the palm of my hands. Long as heck too. Really enjoying it, definitely a killer app for the system.

As for my 360, I'm trying to decide if I want to go with Mass Effect 3 next or Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Might just try to juggle 'em both.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

VileZero wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

That sounds like STAR WARS ARCADE. Where you sit in a chair and have a joystiq that you play with. You do the Death Star sequence, Battle of Hoth, the climax at Death Star II, and also have bonus levels fighting Boba Fett and Darth Vader. Amazing game, if that's what you're thinking of.

That's exactly the one, and it was in the article. I played it at Playdium once. So fun! The Vader and Boba Fett bonus duels were hard and difficult to control (after all, it was a joystick to control a lightsaber), but it was so fun.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm playing Star Wars Empire at War-Gold Edition. I found it in a box this past weekend and decided to play it. Forgot I had this game.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SidiousThrawn wrote:
I'm playing Star Wars Empire at War-Gold Edition. I found it in a box this past weekend and decided to play it. Forgot I had this game.

Haven't played that in two years. It was truly a great game, though!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After completing the main quest of Skyrim a second time, I decided that I should take a step away from it, concentrate on other games. Now trying to get 100% completion in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am almost 100% of the way through with Bioshock achievements.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm being really stupid. I just bought an Atari 2600 with 20 games and a Commodore 64 with 80 games. And I bought the Skyrim soundtrack. It's the first time I've bought anything in a while, though. Now I'm gonna start saving again.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finished Revelations (as much as I can. I'm not sure I've opened all wells, and I can't access Yerebatam cistern to get the treasures there). Now playing Halo CEA. It's so beautiful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 23 of 38