What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Salaris Vorn wrote:
So some months ago Pepsi ran a promo related to the release of Star Wars Kinect. Against all odds I somehow won first prize (4GB 360, Kinect, + Star Wars game). Very Happy Now my only console is my Gamecube so I've got no 360 games to play other than the Star Wars one.

I'm a fan of games like Skyrim, RPGs in general or FPS games (typically Medal of Honor, Battlefield/Battlefront style games, and the James Bond franchise). Which leads me to my question: what are must have games that I should consider buying?

I know the Halo franchise is probably top on the list and some of my friends are fans of Assassin's Creed but other than that I don't know what games would be worth looking into buying. I'm also not sure what games would work properly on the 4GB model (and I'm not complaining about hard drive size, free is free).

I'd recommend Splinter Cell: Conviction, Dead Space, LA Noire, Alan Wake, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Chronicles of Riddick and Deus Ex.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm missing my stealth gaming. I was wondering if, to those who have it, or played the games individually, would you recommend the Metal Gear Solid collection?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The only MGS game I've played is Sons of Liberty on the PS2 and I didn't really like it.

If you're willing to wait a while, Dishonoured looks really good.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's a shame. That's the first game in the collection. I vaguely remember Dishonoured, but can't recall any specifics. I'll wait a while, and look into it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My Gold membership ended, and I've finished the single player of Reach. I think I'm going to play Splinter Cell. At least, I hope I can play it. Apart from the backwards compatibility thing, I often worry about Xbox games on the 360 because it makes a funny noise Confused .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Dishonored UK Pre-Order Bonuses

I can't decide between Tesco's or GAME... Or Amazon...

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just saw The Dark Knight Rises, and am now in a Batman mood.

Ergo, tonight and this weekend, I plan to re-play through Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

w00t!

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finished Splinter Cell. It could be described as a diamond-in-the-rough game. It wasn't the best, technically speaking, in the series, and the later improvements are noticable in their absence, in this game, but that said it's still a pleasure to play. I love being able to sink into the shadows and see nothing but the three triangular green dots of the night vision goggles.

Now playing Portal 2. Even after the first minute, I loved it Very Happy .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ok Life, just don't be alarmed. But if you do feel alarmed...try and hold on to that feeling, because that's the correct response when someone tells you you've got brain damage.

Now do me a favour, say "Apple"

Smile

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

"If the laws of physics no longer apply in the future, God help you."

Epic doesn't even begin to describe it. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*Jumps* Laughing

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Is it just me, or does anyone else get a Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy feel to it? For some reason Wheatley sounds like what the free-falling whale would be like if he hadn't met the ground, and a rather unfortunate end. And a depressed robot ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, I've finished the singleplayer of Portal 2. I'm trying to get my sister to help me with the co-op, but until such a time I return to Splinter Cell, playing Pandora Tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'll play Co-op with you, Life! I don't know when our awake hours might cross, but it'd be fun. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That would be so cool! But sadly I have it on the Xbox (and no live gold). I'm guessing you have it on the computer? Thanks anyway Smile .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm having fun with google hurdles right now. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 25 of 38