What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:22 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I've heard a lot about Slenderman and decided to try. How come such a simple game is so exciting??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I read the Mass Effect novels recently so I've been replaying the games. I finished Mass Effect 2 (with everyone alive) and now I'm working my way through Mass Effect 3. It's lots more fun this time around. I think the first time I played ME3 I loaded a bad ME2 save (ie. half my crew was dead). It's a lot more fun seeing all the old team mates popping up, even if some of them still die.

Word. I'm working on ME3 now (the only teammate I lost in ME2 was Legion; I was playing renegade but occasionally said paragon things, and so I wasn't renegade or paragon enough to unlock the dialogue that lets you keep his loyalty AND Tali's, and I like Tali more). But the game compensated for the lack of Legion well enough, if somewhat cheaply.

Once I finish, I might do a second replay through the whole trilogy, with a paragon male-Shep.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote  

What's the Renegade experience like? I always wussy out and make Paragon choices. It's hard being mean. Embarassed

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
What's the Renegade experience like? I always wussy out and make Paragon choices. It's hard being mean. Embarassed

That's exactly what happened with me! I tried being renegade, but I spared the Rachni in ME1, and I always did everything I could to keep my crew happy in ME2, and in ME3 I actually cured the genophage instead of letting the Salarians lie about it.

When the game actually lets you commit genocide, it's difficult to follow through and do it "4 teh evilz".

I did, however, let the Quarians murder all the Geth. That got me a few renegade points.

Plus, you get to punch a journalist in each game Smile
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote  

Haha, might be worth it to punch the journalists.

I just go through the quarian's priority mission last night in ME3 and this time I managed to save everyone, quarians, Geth, and especially Tali. Pretty cool. Way better than my previous play through where Tali killed herself.

I think I'm going to have to change my sig to "The only thing I want in my suit is you." -Tali'Zorah vas Normandy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
what does installing the game onto the 360 harddrive do, if anything?

It wastes your harddrive space. That's about it.

Some theorize it will allow you to play games that are otherwise too damaged to run off the disc drive, but if the disc drive can't read it, then how can you DL it? Doesn't make a lot of sense.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Oh well. I thought maybe it would improve the graphics layering issue, but since you say otherwise I'll just not bother. Thanks, Walker!

Re ME3: I'd like to do another playthrough as renegade/everything falls apart. Whenever I play a new game I try to finish it in the best possible way. In ME3, that means with everyone alive. But after I've succeeded in doing that, I have difficulty doing it any other way.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm a huge Mass Effect fan. I'm thoroughly addicted to the series. I recently had to replace my 360 so I'm using that as an excuse to run through the series again. Smile

I also recently played through Tomb Raider which was a lot of fun. Highly recommend that one.

I got Injustice: Gods Among Us and Bioshock Infinite for Christmas. Both really good games.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^I have a hold on the new Tomb Raider from my library. Hope to try it out soon.

I finished Mass Effect 3 last night.

Was disappointed by the ending I chose:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

But I loved playing through with my renegade Soldier FemShep (she was a fiery ginger with bright green eyes and the amazing voice of Jennifer Hale.) Next time though: a handsome Male-Shep who will have a heart of gold (and probably a biotic class).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote  

I've never played FemShep. I guess I could try that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I've never played FemShep. I guess I could try that.

She's pretty great. Jennifer Hale is an amazing voice actress (playing a lot of other badass women in TV and games, like Bastila Shan, Satele Shan, Aayla Secura, the female Trooper, female Jaden Korr, Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel, Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire, Jean Grey, Silver Sable, etc.) And the romance options aren't bad (I went with Liara in ME1, Garrus in ME2, and Samantha in ME3; though I was aiming to romance James, I discovered you can only do that in the Citadel DLC).

So yes, my next playthrough will be Male-Shep. Romance Ashley and then probably Tali (Tali's great), and then do my best to continue the Tali romance in 3. And also try to keep everyone alive (I lost Legion in ME2, and Miranda, Samara, Thane, and Mordin in ME3).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Finished Dishonored. I quite enjoyed it. At first I had some trouble with stealth, but realising to utilise Blink more really helped that out.

Now playing Oblivion. I'm liking it so far, though every so often the graphics just make me laugh. The zombie looks just hilarious!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:17 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ Great game but you nailed it, the graphics are just plain wrong

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's always great to discover new things in video games. Over 60 hours in Dark Souls I realized you can manually aim with a bow. Then I forgot to take it out and accidentally stabbed toward the guy I had wanted to shoot, sending me off a cliff to die and losing 50,000 souls.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote  

I wish they'd make a new Soul Reaver game. That was a fun game back in the day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 34 of 38