What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Got it for Christmas after discovering it in the fall courtesy of the Middle Earth video games Wikipedia page. Haven't gotten very far, but I rather enjoy it. Hopefully I can go back and play more soon.

Do you have it for for last gen or current?
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

After playing SW:Battlefront (XBox One) exclusively for most of last year, I've gotten back to Destiny. I'm really enjoying it and meeting new people online.

On my phone I've been playing the new Force Arena...although I was getting pretty frustrated when I made it to Tier 3 and then started losing every game until I dropped back down to Tier 1. Really!!!!??? I was ready to give up on the game altogether, but I tried it again and started winning a few more games to get back up to Tier 2. Still not crazy about these types of games where you are pitted against people that drop hundreds of dollars into the game and you end up getting slaughtered. They need to really improve the match making so that it's not so one sided. Several times now I've played against a Luke that could literally run circles around my leader. Eh...*shrug*...at least I know that I'm not going to let this one consume a whole lot of my time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Alan Skywalker V wrote:
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Got it for Christmas after discovering it in the fall courtesy of the Middle Earth video games Wikipedia page. Haven't gotten very far, but I rather enjoy it. Hopefully I can go back and play more soon.

Do you have it for for last gen or current?

Personal computer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I dunno then. I only played it on the 360. Besides the graphics I heard that the nemesis system was more advanced somehow? on the xbone and ps4 versions.

2B did you play any Battlefront on single player? I'm not into that kind of multiplayer. I haven't touched the game since I got it a while ago.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

No, just multiplayer. BF2 is supposed to have single player campaign.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just heard a conspiracy theory that Kojima knew he was never going to make Silent Hills, and that he secretly made P.T. under the MGSV development as an easter egg for the REAL game he was going to make with Guillermo Del Toro and Norman Reedus with his own company, and as a "screw you" to Konami.

That seems pretty likely to be true. I'm hyped for Death Stranding, but I have conflicted feelings about Kojima. I boycotted MGSV because of it's sexism.

I didn't just dislike it for it's female objectification. Voyeurism has always been a part of MGS, and that ties into his ideas about post modernism. But it's not that it's a shallow analysis, it's no analysis. I think that he just put that in there as a cultural artifact. It's not that Kojima is overtly sexist, it's that he has deep themes about interrelationships, and yet doesn't have anything to say about that, which is disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For Honor is a good game and I understand why attack and block are the same button, but for me it just ends up "spam right stick!' and my thumb hurts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Do you think I would like Frozen Wilds if I didn't like Horizon Zero Dawn?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just bought Knights of the Old Republic on Steam and I will start playing it for the very first time soon. Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I got Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U version) this Christmas. Just started playing it last night. So much fun!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Has anyone played The Witness?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I just started playing Metro 2033 Redux, set in the post-apocalyptic metro network beneath Moscow. I believe it's classified as a mix FPS and Survival/Horror. It's a little different than my normal play style, but I'm enjoying it. Reading about Metro: Exodus coming out later this year made me wonder how I had never checked out the series before. So far I would recommend it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Witness is one of those games that uses non intuitive logic, at least for me. It's like one of those old point and click games where you have to use seemingly random objects in certain ways. The game gives you zero information about what you are supposed to do and you have to figure it out on your own.

There was a part with four puzzles, I figured out how to do them right away. The first two had the same method, the third one used the method in reverse...but the fourth one seemingly had no relation at all to the previous methods. It took me like an hour to figure it out.

I went to watch a video because I wanted to see how other people had figured it out. In the first video the guy just showed the solution and did not explain how it was done. How is that helpful at all? I could tell you the answer was xd83 and you could copy that, but it would mean nothing to you and you wouldn't know how you were supposed to come up with that, and it wouldn't help you for anything else in the game.

In the next video the guy showed how to solve the first three puzzles and when he got to the fourth one he said, "I couldn't figure out how to do this one, so I just looked up the answer. Here it is." I stopped looking for other videos at that point.

That's how everything is in this game, you think you understand how it works and then suddenly what you were doing doesn't work and you are left wondering what you are missing, wondering if I ever had it right in the first place. That one solution that I figured out, not the previous three, is the only thing I ever felt like I have actually learned anything in this game.

The correct method, without spoiling anything, is that part of the puzzle is missing and you have to go somewhere else and find it. I have no idea how you are supposed to think of that non randomly, that's why I wanted to know what made people think that it was missing and what made them discover where the piece was. I think you could get stuck never finding the answer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:45 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You've intrigued me. I just checked out some information about The Witness, which I had not heard about before, and it's now on my to play list. I love puzzle games. Portal and Portal 2 are two of my favorite games of all time. And while I know The Witness is different, the puzzle aspect draws me in. Thanks. Smile

Page 49 of 49