What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Did you end up liking Doom, Mara?

Anyone played Dishonored? The sequel is coming out soon and I might revisit the first. They got me with the non lethal option. I had to add in total stealth and speed run too, and so I spent hours on the first two levels until I got bored and never ended up playing the rest of the game.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't bought the game yet, I was waiting to see if the reviews indicated the single player would be worth my $60. And now I'm glad I waited, as they announced at E3 that the first level will be free to try this week. You know, like those fabled "demos" of old. *tumbleweeds roll* So hooray! I will finally be checking it out. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They still make video game demos. They just don't come on discs with a Pizza Hut order.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote  

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It's fun so far. It starts out on Endor which is okay, but I really enjoyed the Jakku level. I'm very early on so far. Daisy Ridley did a lot of voice work for it which is fun hearing her say different things.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ I heard they even got Harrison Ford to record a few lines for the game. Never thought I'd see the day. Razz

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anyone play the Resident Evil 7 demo? It was the number one downloaded demo on Ps4 and had a lot of people working on finding out all the secrets on reddit.

I was a little disappointed that it has nothing to do with the game and it was just a test build, but it was pretty cool. Some people didn't like that it's a 3rd person spooky exploration game, not very RE like, but I like that they tried to do something different.

I'm a wuss, so it scared me, but that was mostly in the first 30 seconds when nothing scary was happening, but I'm freaking out about every noise in my house behind me and yelling at the dog to quit walking around. haha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I saw a video of a guy playing Dark Souls 3 with the FPS mod on VR. It was a little wacky because it's not supposed to be that way, but it looked super fun.

I know they are doing it for Skyrim, but an epic monster boss fight is just cooler for me. Most of the actual VR games are just walking around, or rather sitting there and looking at stuff, simulators. It's cool to see it used for an actual combat based game.

I've been playing the PS3 version of Shadow of the Colossus, and I'm sad to see that they broke one of my favorite games. Actually angry, because it's so unplayable and frustrating. I guess I'll stick to the PS2 original. I bought a PS3 recently on a good deal, but I don't really have anything to do on it.

I'm thinking of rebuying yet again MGS2 and 3, which would be the third time/platform. but that might be kind of crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I've recently bought a few games and have been playing them off and on.

I'm really enjoying Skyrim. Just all of the intricacies and detail that goes into it is just amazing, and it's just unfathomable how much gameplay there is in it.

I bought Batman: Arkham City, & Batman: Arkham Knight but haven't gotten around to Arkham Knight yet. A few years ago I played Arkham City with a friend of mine, and I really enjoyed it, but now I'm just getting around to playing it, and I am loving it.

Since I prefer Marvel to DC, I figured I'd try Spider-Man: Web of Shadows to see how it compares to the Arkham games (and Ultimate Spider-Man isn't available for xBox 360). Overall, it's pretty fun so far, but it definitely isn't as good gameplay-wise as Ultimate Spider-Man or any of the Arkham Games.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How do people feel about achievements/ trophies?

I was surprised that there are a lot of people who really dislike them. I guess it comes down to the idea that it's stupid to get a virtual award for playing a game. That's just because the name implies that you are receiving an accolade or accomplishment.

I don't see it that way, I just think of them as a list of things that you can do in the game for added fun. Some of them are challenging, but the best ones are the weird ones.

Like in Dead Rising 2. If you aren't familiar it's a silly weapon crafting zombie game, but it has an odd mechanic where the game is on a timer and it ends when the timer runs down and you can choose what to do during that time. It's almost impossible to do everything at one time and the time is only a couple hours, so you will keep playing it and do different things. One of the achievements is to get a score of 80k or something and the only way to do that is to spend the entire game just driving around running over zombies with your car.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I want to give a shout out to the Skyrim mod I have been playing recently. In case you haven't heard about it, the mod is a full-conversion of Skyrim. It creates, in essence, an entirely new game built atop the Skyrim engine, using Skyrim assets. But it has its own world, own main and side quests, full voice acting and soundtrack, etc. Quite frankly, it's phenomenal. And its name is Enderal.

A German company, SureAI, has been building it for 4.5 years, and they've just released both a German and English version this summer. I've already put 50 hours into it, and I can't get enough. They have done a fantastic job.

So if you need your Skyrim fix, but would like to experience that fresh sense of wonder at the new and unexplored aspect of it all, try Enderal! Below are the links to the website and English trailer, as well as some screenshots:

Enderal

Enderal - English Launch Trailer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm playing Skyrim right now. So it just "looks" like Skyrim, but it doesn't have any Eldar Scrolls stuff? A whole new story?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Correct. It's an entirely new universe, but using the same assets. Their dwemer/dwarves are called Starlings, the Forsworn are called the Sunborn, etc. So like Tamriel is the overall world in The Elder Scrolls universe, with Skyrim and Morrowind, etc. being different countries/lands. In this game, Vyn is the overall world, and Enderal and Nehrim are some of the countries/lands.

They've created an encompassing lore for the world including religions and ancient peoples and deities, etc., and I think they've done a fantastic job. I haven't finished the main quest yet, but it's extremely captivating. They really have outdone themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anyone played Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin? It's the remastered version of the game, but they like moved a bunch of stuff around like items and enemies in different places.

I think it's really cool idea, gives a great reason to rebuy a game. But the thing is that ya know, they designed the game to be the way it was, so randomly moving things around doesn't really make any sense a lot of times. I would like to know what someone who never played the original version thought of it.

Dark Souls is my favorite game series. I was just thinking how it's weird that I've spent hundreds of hours on these games and I never even beat the first boss of the first game, Demon's Souls. IDK why, it just sits there and I don't play it. As you can tell, I'm about to go play DS2 again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote  

Been playing Star Wars Commander on my phone. Addictive little app.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Got it for Christmas after discovering it in the fall courtesy of the Middle Earth video games Wikipedia page. Haven't gotten very far, but I rather enjoy it. Hopefully I can go back and play more soon.

Page 48 of 49