Star Wars: TIE Fighter, X-Wing, KOTOR and More

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: TIE Fighter, X-Wing, KOTOR and More
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote  

GOG.com has re-released a bunch of LucasArts games that will work on modern PC's including the classics TIE Fighter and X-Wing.

Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition
Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition

Link: http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&devpub=disney&page=1

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*unintelligible screams of joy*

They shall all be mine! This is fantastic! I have almost all of these games, but save for KOTOR, none of them want to play on a modern machine. Sad

Thank you, Skuldren! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well I have an old PC just for games like this (KotOR is to "recent" for its grafic card to handle for instance), so this isn't very exciting for me.

I would like to play X-Wing/TIE again, but those games are useless without a joystick, which I no longer have. Mad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I have exactly one memory of playing X-Wing, where I would bang into the canyon wall a lot for five minutes before my friend banned me from the game, and about 200 memories of everyone else telling me how amazing this game was. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing it Very Happy
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What about Rogue Squadron?
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I have exactly one memory of playing X-Wing, where I would bang into the canyon wall a lot for five minutes before my friend banned me from the game, and about 200 memories of everyone else telling me how amazing this game was. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing it Very Happy

Are you sure that wasn't Rebel Assault? Rebel Assault had a canyon sequence in the first mission. To my memory, X-Wing was entirely in space.

Unless you're referring to a Death Star Trench run (which may have been the final mission).

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Rogue Squadron also had a canyon sequence. That was my first and favorite Star Wars game of all time. I can beat you all with my eyes closed. Hee-hee. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:

Are you sure that wasn't Rebel Assault? Rebel Assault had a canyon sequence in the first mission. To my memory, X-Wing was entirely in space.

Unless you're referring to a Death Star Trench run (which may have been the final mission).

I honestly haven't a clue, so maybe you're right. But it was definitely a canyon. I believe it was some sort of training mission (which was possibly the first level).
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

I honestly haven't a clue, so maybe you're right. But it was definitely a canyon. I believe it was some sort of training mission (which was possibly the first level).

I'm not sure about Rogue Squadron, but in Rebel Assault, the first mission was flying a T-16 Skyhopper through Beggar's Canyon, and the third mission was flying an A-Wing through a more difficult canyon on a different planet.

Check out this Youtube video for the beginning of the game. Gameplay starts about 3 minutes in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=359qyiXskCE

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hmm. I don't recall it being a T-16. If I had to place my money, I would have said X-Wing or snowspeeder. But maybe I'm remembering it entirely wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Hmm. I don't recall it being a T-16. If I had to place my money, I would have said X-Wing or snowspeeder. But maybe I'm remembering it entirely wrong?

This is the first mission in Rogue Squadron (which Mara was referring to): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cbR_ZTCzFY

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, the nostalgia. It hurts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That is starting to seem familiar, though I won't really know until I experience the inverted x-axis again and get a really close up look at those canyon walls.

Page 1 of 1