EUChatter! The Offical Chat Thread of EUCast!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

EUCast 98: You guys trying to close out the show. Laughing

There was something in Episode 97 that that I wanted to comment on, but I can't remember what it was. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
EUCast 98: You guys trying to close out the show. Laughing

There was something in Episode 97 that that I wanted to comment on, but I can't remember what it was. Sad

98- Oh man- yeah I had a LOT MORE Bloopers before the 1st edit crashed. Crying or Very sad

97- the beauty of the net- you can always play it back till it comes back to you! Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

EUCast is once more calling on you! Now you too chime in about future Segments you'd like to hear! Follow THIS LINK and hit us with your thoughts!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:27 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

EUCast Episode 99.2 CV Part Deux is online! Don't forget to comment here in the EUChatter while you listen!

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

A great follow-up to 99.2. Sounds like CV5 was a complete blast and overall success. Like Mark and Elyse I did wonder with some trepidation on how the EU could be affected by some releases, but the other part of me can't help but think for the most part any connections built up between the EU and Lucas at the very least is validating.

Of all that, for right now anyway, the release I'm excited about is getting to see some more of Shaak Ti. I had hoped from the very get go we'd see more, but only the Gindi series seemed aware of her usefulness- getting Ashoka mixed up with Shaak Ti and therefore avoiding putting her in seems a clumsy reason for them to have chosen to avoid the character. If even the youngest Star Wars fan can define an Arc Trooper from a standard Clone Trooper, or a CW Y wing as opposed to ANH Y wing; then I'm quite sure they could readily spot the difference between a tall, regal Togrutan who lets her skills do the talking- vice a little firebrand who at first seemed to know more than the wisest of the wise and couldn't help but share her vast insights,

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing the character again. Great stuff guys!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

ironsiderodger1 wrote:
A great follow-up to 99.2. Sounds like CV5 was a complete blast and overall success. Like Mark and Elyse I did wonder with some trepidation on how the EU could be affected by some releases, but the other part of me can't help but think for the most part any connections built up between the EU and Lucas at the very least is validating.

Ah yeah by validating are you meaning it's now a higher canon level? I do agree, it is nice to see EU in TCW (as long as things are not un retconable when they are done) But I try to look at TCW at a lower canon level myself, even though it's not, it's a higher one. But since we've got no official timeline I'm starting to wonder if it's cause they knew TCW wouldn't fit and thus perhaps maybe it and the EU will be making concessions to fit together. I know I hope too muck Laughing

Quote:

Of all that, for right now anyway, the release I'm excited about is getting to see some more of Shaak Ti. I had hoped from the very get go we'd see more, but only the Gindi series seemed aware of her usefulness- getting Ashoka mixed up with Shaak Ti and therefore avoiding putting her in seems a clumsy reason for them to have chosen to avoid the character. If even the youngest Star Wars fan can define an Arc Trooper from a standard Clone Trooper, or a CW Y wing as opposed to ANH Y wing; then I'm quite sure they could readily spot the difference between a tall, regal Togrutan who lets her skills do the talking- vice a little firebrand who at first seemed to know more than the wisest of the wise and couldn't help but share her vast insights,

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing the character again. Great stuff guys!

Yeah it gets old the treating the subject viewers like we're idiot. 2 Anakins? A-team, and older Ahsoka? I mean it wouldn't take much to figure it out. They are more worried about fans with no clue about SW thinking Shaak Ti is Ahsoka and yet didn't think twice about changing Ryloths fixed orbit of once again morphing the Mando's history. It would be nice if the EU got some of the attention in this way. SW doesn't need NEW watchers- top aiming for them- THEY WILL COME..... SW speaks for itself always has, they don't need to focus the story and aim it for new people first. (I think this is what really bothers me.) You will either like SW or not, the confusion comes from things existing one minute then not existing the next. I mean Aurra Sing, Asajj Ventress, Sly Moore, George created all these bald headed force using women after all.... didn't he think then that "Hey I might have done this bald headed Force Using female vilian thing too much?"

Don't get me wrong I'll still enjoy TCW I think a part of me enjoys the opportunity for the Retcon. But I fight with the feeling of we shouldn't need a retcon.

Aside from that, Iron- sick audio letter! Loved the skit! Thanks alot for brightening my day! Oh man I was rolling! Your wife nails Mara! And your Palpatine is off the chain man! Thanks for the feedback!

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:22 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

[quote]Ah yeah by validating are you meaning it's now a higher canon level? I do agree, it is nice to see EU in TCW (as long as things are not un retconable when they are done) But I try to look at TCW at a lower canon level myself, even though it's not, it's a higher one. But since we've got no official timeline I'm starting to wonder if it's cause they knew TCW wouldn't fit and thus perhaps maybe it and the EU will be making concessions to fit together. I know I hope too muck Laughing
Quote:
[/i]
I think that's sort of where I was going with that, but more on an emotional level if you will; it feels more cannon at any level. I agree with the lower-level assessment on TCW- even on issues beyond timeline (of which I'm planning another audio-response in the future to address that); still they keep feeding me Star Wars stuff and like a hungry little baby I'll complain and still gobble it up. Interesting thought on the concessions though- but what a shame that might even be necessary.

Quote:
Yeah it gets old the treating the subject viewers like we're idiot. 2 Anakins? A-team, and older Ahsoka? I mean it wouldn't take much to figure it out. They are more worried about fans with no clue about SW thinking Shaak Ti is Ahsoka and yet didn't think twice about changing Ryloths fixed orbit of once again morphing the Mando's history. It would be nice if the EU got some of the attention in this way. SW doesn't need NEW watchers- top aiming for them- THEY WILL COME..... SW speaks for itself always has, they don't need to focus the story and aim it for new people first. (I think this is what really bothers me.) You will either like SW or not, the confusion comes from things existing one minute then not existing the next. I mean Aurra Sing, Asajj Ventress, Sly Moore, George created all these bald headed force using women after all.... didn't he think then that "Hey I might have done this bald headed Force Using female vilian thing too much?"

Great points- the precedence was set by the man himself for not being too worried about similarities. If someone likes the medium, at the very least they won't care, but most likely they'll already be trying to find out more anyway and enjoying it.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I'll still enjoy TCW I think a part of me enjoys the opportunity for the Retcon. But I fight with the feeling of we shouldn't need a retcon.

Absolutely. It's not like it would have been that hard to avoid.

Quote:
Aside from that, Iron- sick audio letter! Loved the skit! Thanks alot for brightening my day! Oh man I was rolling! Your wife nails Mara! And your Palpatine is off the chain man! Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you so much- I am so glad you liked it! Between MJS's creativity and your great sense of humor I was inspired- very happy you liked the voice-acting; what can I say, we had fun!

Re: EUChatter! The Offical Thread of EUCast!
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hahaha I'm listening again to EUCast #100 Big Ben [Our Centennial Episode] it's funny how many things one missed the first time.

*Note I was incorrect in which Vortex cover was the solicitation cover- the showlinks show the correct images.

What is your favorite EUCast moment? Please share Wink

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I just want to say that it's so cool that we have Mara (Elyse) on the show now! I hope everyone who's known her so long on here will enjoy hearing her on the podcast! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ohh 1st time hearing the exit music! Nice!!!!

Great Work on getting that finished in time for the 100th Austin!

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

great work on episode 100 guys, and congrats Mara on being the new EUCast host! i look greatly foward to future episodes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

My only complaint was no bloopers- however, I'm well aware of how long editing can be and considering you had to get the 2+ hour show out in a reasonable amount of time it is very understandable.

I'm one of those weird people who actually don't mind spoilers so much and I have to say with all of the excellent coverage of Fatal Alliance I want to now read it, and will pick up a copy.

As to the pledge- well I did try, but several problems came up. 1. I was on a zero-turn radius mower that is controlled by both hands so every time I let go to pledge I would start to deviate sharply; 2. to approach that spot without... apparel should I fail to keep my word presented problems as A. it was in the middle of a field quite visible to the Mission Office on the grounds I work for and B. It was also very close to the Coyote Den...

Hearing the memories was great, and really the whole show was a blast. Congrats on 100- and again, congrats to MJS... unless Austin really fired her Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

ironsiderodger1 wrote:

As to the pledge- well I did try, but several problems came up. 1. I was on a zero-turn radius mower that is controlled by both hands so every time I let go to pledge I would start to deviate sharply;

Laughing

Thanks for the feedback, IronSide! And yeah, I also acquired somewhat of a frown when no bloopers were to be had. But Austin was a trooper (a Null ARC, to be exact) for getting the show out in the time he did, so he is completely forgiven. Wink

I hope I'm not really fired...Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

ironsiderodger1 wrote:
My only complaint was no bloopers- however, I'm well aware of how long editing can be and considering you had to get the 2+ hour show out in a reasonable amount of time it is very understandable.

Yeah there might have been a lot too. But it quickly became a full project for him due to a glitch. He had to go in and make numerous minor adjustments to sound levels to even things out. Took much longer then normal.

ironsiderodger1 wrote:

I'm one of those weird people who actually don't mind spoilers so much and I have to say with all of the excellent coverage of Fatal Alliance I want to now read it, and will pick up a copy.

Good to know! Like I said- from me the 2nd time through was a much better story. It was very much like reading Survivors Quest after just finishing OutBound Flight. (Whereas my first time through I was lost, my 2nd time through I really enjoyed it)

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

EUCast Episode 101 is on SoloSound for your listening enjoyment.

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 7 of 24