Musical Bliss: everything music...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just finished watching West Side Story and wiping my tears away. I'm not a crybaby or anything, I just cry when someone dies at the en of a movie (so you can guess how I looked when I was done watching ROTJ). Crying or Very sad
I could see why the movie won some Oscar awards. I loved the music and somehow the dancing amused and amazed me at the same time.
All 'n all, it was a good movie. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Proudfoot wrote:
If anyone is interested I am a musician. You can hear my demos at http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

Dude. Wow. There is no doubt you have some serious talent. I'm an "ex-"musician myself but I was never able to write up to that level. Great songs. Good luck with that man.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thanks Wook, I appreciate it. I'm looking for a guitarist so I can start performing, I'm itching to get out there!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah, unfortunately you can't really be successful as just a studio musician. They wanna see those concert and t-shirt sales. Hit up that guy that played in Fretblanket. I think he's out of Wales and an amazing guitarist and writer. Haha. I know that's not realistic. Though I'm only half kidding cause I'd love to see that guy get back out there. But seriously, you should be able to get some attention just with your demos, they're great.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My family always jokes that everything I like is connected to something else that I like (and thus, they think, I don't venture out of my limited tastes). In my defence, I'm usually unaware of these connections until I'm already a fan of the new book, movie, band etc. It's uncanny. Some examples in music are that Ryan Key from Yellowcard is a Star Wars fanboy (e.g. he has a Stormtrooper tattoo and wrote two Star Wars references into Yellowcard's last album Southern Air) and Eisley is named after the Mos Eisley Cantina (okay this one I picked up on immediately) and their lead singer, Sherri Dupree's favourite authors are C. S. Lewis and Ray Bradbury and has described Narnia as her "first love". Anyway, today I discovered the most unexpected connection yet. I've recently started listening to Third Eye Blind as my "crazy music". Lyrically they're very different from what I normally listen to (e.g. profanity, drug references etc. - normally my music is squeaky clean lyrically Wink ), but they really work for when I'm angry, sad, or just feeling crazy. Today I was looking up their albums online and discovered that their new-ish album Ursa Major was originally titled The Hideous Strength after C. S. Lewis's dystopian novel That Hideous Strength. Wha...? I did not see this one coming. This is just getting crazy. This is the sixth band I like that has some sort of connection with Lewis and with the exception of one, I wasn't aware of any of them until I had been a fan for a while.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote  

Via Pandora, Ramblin' Jack Elliot "Soul Of A Man"

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Via Pandora, Ramblin' Jack Elliot "Soul Of A Man"

That is a hell of a song.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 8 of 8