Post-Fate of the Jedi Literature
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should post-FOTJ novels(If there will be any)be about?
1.Luke,Han and Leia's final adventures
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
2.A second Outbound Flight through the Unknown Regions and exploring the satellite galaxies
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
3.The vision of Allana Solo unifying the Galaxy
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
4.The adventures of an adult Ben Skywalker
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

Post-Fate of the Jedi Literature
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm looking forward to see how Fate of the Jedi will end. So far there haven't been any epic space battles in FOTJ since NJO,LOTF,The Thrawn Trilogy etc. I hope there will be a massive space battle in Troy Denning's final FOTJ hardcover.

But the main question here is:Will there be novels set after Fate of the Jedi? And if so will it be another 9-book series or just standalone hardcovers and paperback trilogies? Sue Rostini has said there won't be another big series for a while. And there will only be standalone hardcovers and paperbacks but will any of them be Post-FOTJ or at least feature Luke,Han,Leia in new adventures a la the Bantam series? And what will happen in 2013 when Del Rey's contract expires will there be an epic post-FOTJ hardcover with Luke,Han,Leia,Jaina,Allana and Ben Skywalker in 2013 either May 2013 or November/December 2013?

And finally if Del Rey renews their contract for 2014 and beyond will we get another 9-book series post-FOTJ perhaps set 45-46 years after ANH featuring an adult Ben Skywalker,Jaina and Jagged Fel as a married couple and a teenage/adult Allana Solo in lead roles or even have the Big Three once again have lead roles?

Exclamation Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Personally, I would be devastated to find out about another 9 book series. That would be horrible! I think LotF was a good attempt at that, but they certainly shouldn't have tried again when it utterly failed. So, I'm enjoying FotJ, but I feel like we're having to endure this lengthy adventure before something truly worthy can come out. I think the NJO was excellent because the authors were more free. You had some epic failures, but for the most part the stories were amazing.

So...I'm not really sure what I'd like to see. Perhaps one more big adventure by Luke, Han, and Leia. Jaina, Allana, and Ben can tag along, of course. But I want it to focus on the Big Three. I realize they've been in nearly every book post-ROTJ, and then some, but nothing has focused on them altogether in awhile. I think they need one more like that before we let them go. If only Mara was here to share it. *sniff* Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'd rather they go like NJO with a large series with A LOT of authors. Something more planned out. Shift the focus from the Big three to the next gen characters.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I want stand-alones and trilogies. That way, the story arcs are shorter and more characters can be focused on in the long run.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I want stand-alones and trilogies. That way, the story arcs are shorter and more characters can be focused on in the long run.

See that's what I hope they do with a NJO style over arc- keep in mind NJO was filled with Duologies, and singles and one trilogy with 12 authors. you had:

Vector Prime- single Hardcover
Dark Tide Duology
Agents of Chaos Duology
Balance point single Hardcover
Edge of Victory Duology,
Star by Star single Hardcover
Dark Journey- single
The Rebel Duology
Traitor - single
Destiny's Way - single Hardcover
Force Heretic Trilogy
The Final Prophecy- single
The Unifying Force Single Hardcover

That's what I'd rather one LARGE arc filled with duologies and singles and trilogies that all continue the over all arc.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Actually, Del Rey has said they're going to go back to the standalone/trilogy days, but I can't get a source for that. I don't think there's anyone here who won't be happy about that. I'd love to have a nostalgic story with the Big Three, because they don't seem too busy right now (of course that depends on Luke's fate) and other books focusing on one or two characters (i.e. Crosscurrent, Blood Oath).

@IR2. I would really like a new NJO series someday, but not now. Maybe they could have one as a prequel to Legacy- involving the war that takes place there.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post-Fate of the Jedi novels
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:44 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Here's a hypothetical release schedule for books coming out in 2013 and 2014:

March 2013:Skywalker family adventure hardcover by Tim Zahn

May/June 2013:Post-Fate of the Jedi novel with the Big Three and co. celebrating 30th anniversary of ROTJ by either James Luceno or Troy Denning

November/December 2013:Final adventure of the Big Three hardcover novel by Matt Stover or
Post-FOTJ bridge hardcover novel with the BIg Three and co. to another 9-book series post-FOTJ

2014:Del Rey's contract renewed

First novel of new 9-book Post-FOTJ series comes out in Hardcover

Exclamation Very Happy Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There has to be more standalones (focusing on more than the Big 3) than that before they start a new series, but otherwise, sounds good.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:54 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Here are possible plot ideas for post-FOTJ novels or future book series:

Outbound Flight II Full exploration of the Unknown Regions and the Satellite Galaxies and perhaps an expedition to a nearby major spiral galaxy similar to the GFFA with the Big 3,Ben,Jaina and Allana and some of the Jedi with a faster hyperdrive They encouter new enemies in the UR/Satellite Galaxies and/or the new spiral galaxy
They also encouter an InterGalactic Republic who have been waiting years for the GFFA to join the community of thousands of galaxies

Droid Revolution/Galactic Droid War The Galactic Alliance/Big 3 and co. find a planet in the Unknown Regions/Satellite Galaxies where it's run by evil droids and the droids and manage to build a massive fleet to threaten the galaxy and the Big 3 and co. have to stop this threat

Return of Nagai and Tofs GA/Big 3 and Co. enter another war with the Nagai and Tofs and the cliamtic battle takes in the Tof's homeworld in the Satellite Galaxy Gorhomean Besh

New Galactic Power in the Corporate Sector Han Solo in the Falcon returns to the Corporate Sector to find a new power threatening the galaxy

New Galactic War between Hapans and Imperial Remnant An adult Allana Solo has to bring an end to the growing conflict between the Imperials and Hapans

Jaina and Allana Solo inherit the Falcon and along with Ben Skywalker have new adventures in the Falcon and travel around the galaxy and beyond while fighting in numerous space battles

Jaina and Jag as a married couple have numerous adventures in the Unknown Regions

Ben Skywalker travelling around the Unknown Regions,Wild Space and the Satellite Galaxies on Zonama Sekot using it's starships

Luke and Ben Skywalker travelling to the Unknown Regions and encouter a Thrawn Clone who must stop a major Galactic threat

Rogue Galactic Alliance Admiral who is terrorizing the galaxy who he thinks he is doing the right thing

Very Happy Wink Cool Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:00 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

What does anybody thinks of my ideas for Post-FOTJ novels? Does anybody else have ideas for Post-FOTJ books?

Very Happy Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quote  

ronbond007 wrote:
Outbound Flight II Full exploration of the Unknown Regions and the Satellite Galaxies and perhaps an expedition to a nearby major spiral galaxy similar to the GFFA with the Big 3,Ben,Jaina and Allana and some of the Jedi with a faster hyperdrive They encouter new enemies in the UR/Satellite Galaxies and/or the new spiral galaxy
They also encouter an InterGalactic Republic who have been waiting years for the GFFA to join the community of thousands of galaxies

I'm not a big fan of this idea. I'd rather there not be any other rival Galactic governments from some other galaxy interacting with the GA. Sort of loses the Star Wars feel. Seemed like Star Wars was separate from our galaxy, a story set in another galaxy and contained there. If it spreads elsewhere it just seems wrong. However, I've got no problem with them exploring the companion galaxies or mentioning the Vong's galaxy.

As for an Outbound Flight II, seemed like the first one wasn't all that interesting. Plus I can't see the Big 3 turning into explorers.

ronbond007 wrote:
Droid Revolution/Galactic Droid War The Galactic Alliance/Big 3 and co. find a planet in the Unknown Regions/Satellite Galaxies where it's run by evil droids and the droids and manage to build a massive fleet to threaten the galaxy and the Big 3 and co. have to stop this threat

I love the idea of a Droid Revolution or Droid War. I'd prefer a Droid Revolution to occur in the Galaxy proper, but a Droid War could happen in the Unknown Regions with maybe the Chiss having to deal with it. That could work.

ronbond007 wrote:
Return of Nagai and Tofs GA/Big 3 and Co. enter another war with the Nagai and Tofs and the cliamtic battle takes in the Tof's homeworld in the Satellite Galaxy Gorhomean Besh

I wouldn't mind seeing the Nagai and Tofs pop up in a book. I think they've only been seen in the comics so they could make for interesting characters. Not sure I want to see a rehash of the comics though, so maybe if they did something other than just war with each other.

ronbond007 wrote:
New Galactic Power in the Corporate Sector Han Solo in the Falcon returns to the Corporate Sector to find a new power threatening the galaxy

A Corporate Sector story could be fun. Han's been on so many adventures it's kind of hard to think of what's left for him to do, but I'm sure they could think of something.

ronbond007 wrote:
New Galactic War between Hapans and Imperial Remnant An adult Allana Solo has to bring an end to the growing conflict between the Imperials and Hapans

I wouldn't mind something big happening with Hapes. I'm really tired of their scheming isolationism and typically anti-Jedi feelings. Maybe they should have a reformation and get rid of their monarchy. Better yet, have a male revolution.

ronbond007 wrote:
Jaina and Allana Solo inherit the Falcon and along with Ben Skywalker have new adventures in the Falcon and travel around the galaxy and beyond while fighting in numerous space battles

I can't see Han giving up the Falcon unless he's dead, and I don't want to think about dead Han for a while.

ronbond007 wrote:
Jaina and Jag as a married couple have numerous adventures in the Unknown Regions

I can't picture Jaina and Jag as a married couple having adventures either. Especially not with Jag being leader of the Empire. They're not in a good position for adventures anymore.

ronbond007 wrote:
Ben Skywalker travelling around the Unknown Regions,Wild Space and the Satellite Galaxies on Zonama Sekot using it's starships

I'm not a big Ben fan yet.

ronbond007 wrote:
Luke and Ben Skywalker travelling to the Unknown Regions and encouter a Thrawn Clone who must stop a major Galactic threat

If they ever do another Thrawn clone, I'd like to see him be a good guy instead of some threat they have to stop. I always thought it was odd that Luke killed the last one. Thrawn was never really a villain, just a guy on the wrong side.

ronbond007 wrote:
Rogue Galactic Alliance Admiral who is terrorizing the galaxy who he thinks he is doing the right thing

This could be cool. Maybe a new Wraith or Rogue Squadron book.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

[quote="Darth Skuldren"]
ronbond007 wrote:

ronbond007 wrote:

This could be cool. Maybe a new Wraith or Rogue Squadron book.

That is something I have wanted for a long time. I think the pieces are in place, Wedge's daughters for starters. Jag is with the Imperials - maybe he could assemble 181st?

So much potential!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That vision about Allana. Smile

Preferably with the last adventure and death of Ben Skywalker... Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shocked

Do you know what I would like? A half-decent monarchy. Not an Evil Empire, not a scheming Hapes, and no figureheads.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:
Do you know what I would like? A half-decent monarchy. Not an Evil Empire, not a scheming Hapes, and no figureheads.

But, Reep, how can you depart from the gleaming ideal of democracy? It's worked so well up until now. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 6