Defenders of the Criticized Cantina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Library View previous topic :: View next topic  
Defenders of the Criticized Cantina
 PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Once upon a time, I was a member of the StarWars.com boards. I was a fairly new member, and I made my way to the Rogue Squadron Cantina. This was the 5th or so (I don't remember exactly which) incarnation of the Cantina, as the mods frequently closed them down when arguments broke out or some such.

This particular Cantina had been abandoned by all of the veterans and regulars, so the newbies began to take it over. I was Rogue Squad Pilot, and I made a few new friends in the Cantina. We had a good time, and we always stayed within character when in the Cantina thread. We would twirl lightsabers, shoot blasters, and share Tarisian Ale. It was a great place to get to know people.

After a few weeks of this, a few regulars burts into the Cantina and began to yell at us. They claimed we had stolen their Cantina, that we were stupid, and that we should get out. This eventually escalated into an all-out war between the regulars, vets, and newbies. The mods came crashing down on the scene at various points, none of whom were very nice. They almost all disliked all of us, and it wasn't very pretty when they showed up.

Inspired by the friends I had made in the Cantina, and the current conflict taking place therein, I decided to write a fanfic based on it. Flash was my best friend in the Cantina, and there were 4 others that I was close to. These 5, plus myself, make up the core group in the following story. Any user name specifically used in the story was a real member (and may still be) of StarWars.com. Any game reference, like Solitaire, was really played by us when we were bored (other than Sabacc). Any specific weapon preference of any character in the story was so specified by the actual member of StarWars.com. The story, in point, follows very closely to the goings-on of those particular StarWars boards at that time.

The only difference from the real thing is the climax and the ending. The only reason for this is that I was not around to see the conflict resolved (if it ever was), so I had to make that part up. But this was originally dedicated and inspired by the friends and the time I spent in the Rogue Squadron Cantina a long time ago, in a forum far, far away. Wink

I have not taken the time to edit any of the story, be it grammar, punctuation, etc. The story is in its original form. Some of my writing style makes me laugh, as this is 6 years old, but I still find it interesting and enjoyable.

Please note that I now feel the same about you guys! Although I've been here much, much longer, and I consider all of you much better friends than any of those mentioned in the story. Thankfully, though, we've never had to battle anyone other than Darth Elmo, so I'm afraid no such story about us is in the works. Though, who knows, I may write one about something at some point. Wink

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Let the story begin:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Continued in the next post...

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Continued from the above post:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I apologize for the format. If anyone would like a better formatted version, just let me know and I can send you an email. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Library

Page 1 of 1