Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So far, unimpressed. Poor Kyle moves way too quickly through the level. I feel like I blaze past everything! He needs a slower mode. Also...I hate to be critical, but the live action cut scenes are just laughable. I'm having trouble taking them seriously! I think they should have stayed with the animatedish drawings. They may have been low quality, but at least they didn't make you want to cringe and/or snicker!

But I suppose I'm judging too early. I'll try to keep a positive outlook for the rest of the game. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The live action videos are bad but the story connects to the first Bane novel so ya, enjoyable Wink And the fights against the 7 dark Jedi are actually really good. That bloody twi-lek is annoying as it gets. The Jerec fight is great though. If you want the main character to move at a decent speed though I suggest Jedi Academy. Same kind of story, but better gameplay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I have Jedi Academy, and I love it! I've played it several times. But I just recently purchased the other four in the series: Dark Forces, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, and Mysteries of the Sith. I'm now working my way through them. By the time I got about halfway through Dark Forces, I was completely hooked, so I'm hoping the same will happen with this one. Smile

I'm already enjoying it more now that I've played through a few levels. Speaking of which, I think I'll go play a little bit. Smile

Oh, and yes, I love the connection to the Bane novels! Technically, I've cheated. Because I've already read the books that were written based on the games, and so I know how it all ends. But that's okay, I don't remember all the details. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

i got this game when i was about 7. back then i loved it, i still love it out of nostalgia, but the game does have some bad qaulities to it (especilly the twi-lek), but its story is excellent. i cant believe i'm the only one who actully LIKES the live action cutscenes, it was like watching a mini movie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So I'm getting a lot more into the game now that I've gotten used to it. I suppose one bias of mine is the graphics honestly look like the worst graphics I have ever witnessed. In my opinion, and this could be because they're supposed to be 3D and not cardboard cutouts, the graphics in Dark Forces II look glaringly worse than in Dark Forces. Confused

The game itself, though, is becoming a lot more fun (addicting is the right word there) than it was previously. I just hit halfway, and I also just passed the demo that I remember playing several times over five years ago. Funny thing? I still remembered where all the bad guys were. Wink

I would just start to come around a corner and remember, "Oh, yeah. There's a Trandoshan down there. Need to grab my conc rifle and knock him out." Made that particular level that much easier! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Finally finished this game. Had to stop midway through due to school. Finally finished a couple days ago. I can't say I ever really enjoyed the game overall, as it just didn't appeal to me like Dark Forces did. But it was a rather addicting game, and I suppose pretty darn awesome back in the 90's due to the fact that there were real live "movie clips" for the kids to watch as cutscenes. I suppose acting (or the lack thereof) really didn't matter when you were 10. Wink

The storyline was pretty awesome, I'll give them that. But as a whole, I'll give it a 7 out of 10, while Dark Forces easily gets a 9, maybe even a 10. Smile

Page 1 of 1