Should the GFFA interact with other galaxies in post-FOTJ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the GFFA interact with or travel to other galaxies in post-FOTJ novels?
Definitely YES!!!!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
NO!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Not till after 2013 or in Del Rey's next contract
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:57 am Reply with quote  

The only real reason to want a hardback is if you prefer a more sturdier cover. All of the Star Wars hardbacks are eventually released in paperback form. Personally I like paperbacks for a couple reasons, 1. they're significantly cheaper, 2. it's easier to lie down and read a paperback because it doesn't weight as much, plus the paperback's cover is more flexible thus more comfortable to hold, and 3. they don't take up as much space on the bookshelf.

Heck, I've got Lord of the Rings in paperback. There really isn't any reason to argue that hardbacks are better stories. That's just kind of silly.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hardbacks are more epic, but that certainly doesn't mean they're better.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

But they do look pretty on the shelf, especially when they have an epic cover.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ronbond007 wrote:
I think the Big 3,Ben,Jaina,Allana or the GA and Jedi should at least visit several other galaxies outside the GFFA like Marvel issue 38 Riders in the Void or at least meet an InterGalactic Republic in a Post-FOTJ hardcover or paperback trilogy.

The "Riders in the Void" story was retconned to be a Yuuzhan Vong scout. As it stands, the Yuuzhan Vong are still the only extra-galactic species to be revealed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, really? That's the only Star Wars comic I've read. *heads off to re-read*

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

You can't rule out any other extragalactic races. What about friendly extragalactic civilizations that the Big 3 and co. could encouter as well as the Jedi and Galactic Alliance? What about more intergalactic enemies they could encouter? Maybe some higher intergalactic evil or an intergalactic Sith that the GFFA sith could form allies with and start an intergalactic war with the GFFA and several other galaxies? And wouldn't it be awesome if they did encouter a higher Intergalactic Government that has been waiting years for the GFFA to become a member of the intergalactic community of thousands of galaxies? This should definitely be a direction that future novels Post-FOTJ novels should take with intergalactic wars,exploration of new galaxies but still feel like Star Wars.

Smile Cool Wink Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just to bring it up...the Silentium and Abominor were extra-galactic. In fact it is believed that they caused the mecha-phobia in the Yuuzhan Vong...just saying...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ronbond007 wrote:
You can't rule out any other extragalactic races. What about friendly extragalactic civilizations that the Big 3 and co. could encouter as well as the Jedi and Galactic Alliance? What about more intergalactic enemies they could encouter? Maybe some higher intergalactic evil or an intergalactic Sith that the GFFA sith could form allies with and start an intergalactic war with the GFFA and several other galaxies? And wouldn't it be awesome if they did encouter a higher Intergalactic Government that has been waiting years for the GFFA to become a member of the intergalactic community of thousands of galaxies? This should definitely be a direction that future novels Post-FOTJ novels should take with intergalactic wars,exploration of new galaxies but still feel like Star Wars.

Smile Cool Wink Exclamation

I don't really think that would be neccessary. But, hey, you're from Canada! My brother! Very Happy

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hey Reepicheep! I would also love to see a droid revolution on a distant world and and build a huge fleet and threaten the galaxy. But it would be neat if such a world was in the Unknown Regions or at least the Satellite Galaxies or a neighboring major spiral galaxy.

Exclamation Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote  

Hmm, seeing that the Silentium and Abominor were both droids/machines, maybe they could tie them into a droid revolution book/series.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This is a SW novel that I like to read is especially a Post-FOTJ novel is Han and Leia in the Millennium Falcon and/or Luke and Ben in the Jade Shadow get sucked into a black hole and end in an unknown far distant region of space maybe another galaxy and encouter a new intergalctic enemy and meet a new integalactic ally and team up and confront the new threat and in the end go back through the black hole to the GFFA. This would be similar to Marvel Star Wars issue #38 where Luke and Leia go outside the galaxy and meet the organic being Ship.

Maybe James Luceno or Troy Denning should do this novel. There doesn't have to be an arc about the GFFA or big 3 exploring other galaxies. It would be fun though but one standalone hardcover or a trilogy of hardcovers/paperbacks about the GFFA or Big 3 exploring other galaxies would be fun.

Very Happy Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Remember that the Vong are from a neighboring galaxy and it took them centuries if not millenia to cross between. I don't see this interaction with other galaxies happening any time soon...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ronbond007 wrote:
This is a SW novel that I like to read is especially a Post-FOTJ novel is Han and Leia in the Millennium Falcon and/or Luke and Ben in the Jade Shadow get sucked into a black hole and end in an unknown far distant region of space maybe another galaxy and encouter a new intergalctic enemy and meet a new integalactic ally and team up and confront the new threat and in the end go back through the black hole to the GFFA.

Well, except for the part where they'd die being sucked into a black hole.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

They wouldn't die being sucked into the black hole. If they did they wouldn't have an adventure in the new region of space nor would they go back through the black hole to the GFFA. I was suggesting a new adventure or series that make the SW EU fresh and interesting.

Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ronbond007 wrote:
They wouldn't die being sucked into the black hole. If they did they wouldn't have an adventure in the new region of space nor would they go back through the black hole to the GFFA.

The purpose of my post was to point out that it's scientifically impossible to be pulled into a black hole without dying.

Take it away, science:

http://www.slate.com/id/2199664/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 3