Narnia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

It would just break my heart to have the first two films rendered obsolete. They are dear to me. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Spider-Man reboot will undo 2 good movies and 1 awful one and I'm beyond ok with it. A reboot for Narnia could be amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Me no likey reboots. *pouts* Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Me no likey reboots. *pouts* Wink

Haha ok lets look at the success of the mainstream reboot and see what wins and what doesn't.

Batman: Ok, so the original ones had 2 good Tim Burton ones but they were followed by 2 absolutely awful Joel Shumacher ones. Then came Nolan who gave us Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the latter of which is one of the most celebrated films of all time.

Spiderman: Ok, so its not out yet, but lets look at directors and films. Spiderman 1 was exciting and it peaked interest, and Spiderman 2 is amazing. A subject of high debate is which is better, and its all opinion. One thing all agree on is that 3 is awful. The reboot, however, stars brilliant actor Andrew Garfield and delightful actress Emma Stone, plus Rhys Ifan as Dr. Connors. Cast-wise they've already stepped it up, story-wise they've fixed it with the comics. And with Marc Webb directing we can know it will at least be a fun watch. It will wash out the taste of Spider-man 3

James Bond: Many forget that these were rebooted recently, but they were. James Bond as a franchise has given us 40 years of great and not-so-great films. With the last 3 Pierce Brosnan films we thought it was a dead franchise, but Daniel Craig has brought out the original Ian Fleming's Bond and has given the series new life. While the second in the new series was disappointing Daniel Craig was still amazing in it.

Lord of the Rings: Many forget these were reboots, but they were and if you've watched the old ones you have to agree that this experiment turned out well. 'Nuff said.

Halloween: This franchise was dead and lets be honest not that good in the first place. Rob Zombie took it and gave it depth and a wider backstory and put some life into Michael Meyers.

That's just a few examples but I could name more. I vote reboot for Narnia with a new director and a new company. They can't be afraid to market to adults and to touch into lands that VotDT ruined. It could be great if redone and while I loved the first two of these it could be better...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All right, let me rephrase: I don't like reboots when the originals are less than 10 or 15 years old. Better? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Caedus: I actually liked Spider-man 3 and would much rather have a Spider-man 4 than a reboot. I totally agree with Batman and James Bond (the earlier Bond films held no appeal for me). No comment on Halloween becaus I've never seen it.

@Padme: If there is a Narnia reboot, the first two movies don't have to be obsolete. They'll always be around. I hold the original Spider-Man films dear and I suspect I'll continue watching them over the new one(s).

If there is a new Narnia movie, it will be a reboot for sure but maybe not in the traditional sense. If it comes, it will likely have something fundamentally new about it, or at least anti-VDT. The Estate will make sure of that. However, it might still be in continuity (like First Class).

As far as how I feel about a total reboot, it all depends on how its done. I don't think the Estate will give away the rights lightly after VDT but I'll be cautiously pessimistic if I hear another Narnia movie is being made.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
@Caedus: I actually liked Spider-man 3 and would much rather have a Spider-man 4 than a reboot. I totally agree with Batman and James Bond (the earlier Bond films held no appeal for me). No comment on Halloween becaus I've never seen it.

See I was a huge fan of Spider-man from when I was younger and the 3rd movie just destroyed canon and such. Plus emo Peter didn't do it for me. I'm ok with a reboot this soon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:

See I was a huge fan of Spider-man from when I was younger and the 3rd movie just destroyed canon and such.

There's the difference. I'm a fan of the movies but I've never read the comics so, for me, Spider-man 3 was perfectly fine. I'm sure if I was a comic fan I'd hate it too.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A lot of it had to do with the Sandman thing where he was retconned to be the real killer, Harry was just annoying, and Emo Peter was obnoxious. Venom was ok but Topher Grace didn't do it justice. I dunno, it just wasn't for me as a fan. I loved the second one dearly but three broke me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I neither hated nor loved Spiderman 3. It was ok. But I think if they were going to reboot it, they should have waited a few more year.

I'm of the opinion that if they can keep the current Narnia continuity, it'd be a good thing. Just move on to The Silver Chair. If the rest of the films are good, perhaps we can forgive VDT for being disappointing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I liked Harry in Spider-man 3.

If they make The Silver Chair, Eustace won't be played by Will Poulter. He's already too old and, by the time that the Estate can sell the rights again, he'll be older still. That does make me think though. Walden wanted for sure to The Magician's Nephew next ($ $) but now that they might be out of the picture, The Silver Chair might be next after all.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Replacing Will Poulter as Eustace would be kind of sad to me, as he was one of the few things I liked about VotDT? And why like Harry in Spidey 3? I'm actually curious because I know others who do but I was just wondering your reasoning?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Maybe because he redeemed himself? And it was nice to see him and Peter be friends again. But the multiple flip flops from evil to good back to evil and back to good were kind of grating.

Deep sadness about Will Poulter. He was fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I haven't seen the Spider-man movies in a while but I always liked Harry in the third one. I'm not entirely sure why. Why didn't you like him?

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I haven't seen the Spider-man movies in a while but I always liked Harry in the third one. I'm not entirely sure why. Why didn't you like him?

He and Peter just got cheesy. Harry was over-the-top vengeful young man and Peter was just a jerk. Any way you look at it, he was a jerk. And I don't mind that kind of story, but they shoved way too much into that movie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 28 of 31