Star Wars Video Game Mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars Video Game Mods
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Many Star Wars video games have mods. Here you can discuss your favorites, how to get them to work, and more about the mods.

Good Mod Sites:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

i had downloaded an awesome mod for KOTOR 2 that didnt really change the story to much, but added some neat content to the game, like a bastila side mission. plus, you even get a lightsaber on telos, and there's sith assasins looking for bastila on dantooine. i belive it was called dark apprentice,

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Don't know if you heard about the Team Gizka project. It was working to restore all the missing content from KOTOR II. In other words, content that was created, or partially created, but never inserted into the game.

Well, Team Gizka gave up on the KOTOR II restoration project, but the torch was picked up by someone else. The restoration has been completely finished and can be downloaded. My sister played through the modded version and said she enjoyed it much better than the original. Especially the Droid Factory, which was hinted at, though never revealed, in the original game. I have not yet had the chance to play the modded version, but I'll let you know when I do.

Anyway, just thought you might be interested. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:51 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

i have never heard of that, i'll have to check it out, i do remember the reference to the droid factory, but then it seemed like the plot point was dropped. i am definatly interested in seeing that storyline picked back up.

thanks! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome! And soon as I can find the file on my sister's computer (she's out of town, and I haven't gotten a copy for myself, yet), I can shoot it over to you. She said it was rather hard to find. So...let me find it and get it uploaded, and I'll shoot you the link! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

thanks! very much appreciated Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No problem! Okay, here's the link:

KotOR II Restoration Project

Kay, now there's some instructions which I don't fully recall, and I can't ask my sister at this moment since she's not only out of town, but out of the country...and continent. She's in the Philippines.

But anyway, I was Googling, and couldn't find anything. The original place that hosted all the information is gone. So here's what I remember:

1. You have to extract the mod to the correct folder. Make sure you get the right folder, especially in Vista or 7, cause otherwise it won't work. You'll know because something will be immediately different. The launcher, I believe.

2. Any saved games you have after you board the Ebon Hawk will be erased. Or vice versa, I don't remember. But if you have any saved games, you may want to back them up elsewhere.

3. You will not be able to play the original game after you install this patch without completely uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

4. You may need the LucasArts KotOR II patch. I don't know.

So...don't know if you want to play around with it. It's not as complicated as I'm making it sound, sorry. I just don't remember exactly what all the instructions were.

If you can't get it working, she'll be able to tell you soon as she gets back. Which is...two weeks. So...not too long! Wink

Anyway, enjoy! Hopefully it works for you. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:19 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Don't know if you heard about the Team Gizka project. It was working to restore all the missing content from KOTOR II. In other words, content that was created, or partially created, but never inserted into the game.

Well, Team Gizka gave up on the KOTOR II restoration project, but the torch was picked up by someone else. The restoration has been completely finished and can be downloaded. My sister played through the modded version and said she enjoyed it much better than the original. Especially the Droid Factory, which was hinted at, though never revealed, in the original game. I have not yet had the chance to play the modded version, but I'll let you know when I do.

Anyway, just thought you might be interested. Smile

I have Kotor 2 on Xbox and have a mod that gets me the droid factory almost all the skins from Kotor 1 &2 plus 2 other levels. It's cool to play as Revan all Sithed out, or Malak Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

i'll see what i can do Mara. thanks again! Very Happy

Page 1 of 1