X-Wing: Mercy Kill by Aaron Allston
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

JediMara77 wrote:
Really looking forward to Aaron creating a bunch of great new characters, and fleshing out old ones like the Antilles girls (hopefully!). And I'd love to see the return of Face Loran. Ahhh, Face.

Yeah I agree with both of you that having the Antilles girls would be great. I cannot imagine anyone other than Face leading the group - thats how I hope it goes anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Considering that Wraith Squadron is part of Intelligence and not the Navy, I'm guessing if there is an Antilles in the book it will be Myri and not Syal, despite Syal being the pilot. I'd actually would rather it be that way and have Syal be explored in a book about a Squadron not connected to Wedge.

That said, no matter how it turns out, I can't wait for it to come out. I've been aching for some none Jedi post movie books for a while now.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Agreed, a Wraith book with Myri makes a ton of sense. After the events of LotF, I think there could be some doubt as to whether Syal even remained in the military.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Well, that's quite interesting. It makes me wonder what happens at the end of FOTJ that would require Wraith Squadron? I doubt anything major, just dealing with fall out and the like. I also wonder (not good for my health, that) if Wedge and Corran will be in it, as they're in every one of Aaron Allston's book - save Corran in Adumar, as just a mention, I believe.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote  

My dream team for this novel would be Face, Piggy, Myri, and...Mirta Gev. Throwing a Mando into the mix would be pure awesome! At least in my opinion. I think Myri is an obvious choice, and the classic characters like Face and Piggy are must haves, but tossing Mirta in there would allow for a lot more storyline room. Allston could throw in a little closure about the whole Boba Fett issue, it would please all the Mandalorian fans, and it would add some spice to the Wraith's lineup.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Allston revealed some more info in a Suvudu interview: http://www.eucantina.net/archives/10644

Really interesting that there will be flashbacks, as well as FotJ era action. Great way to have all the old Wraiths, as well as introduce new ones. And I'll definitely get my Face. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The part about Second Generation Wraiths makes me think that Myri might actually be in it. That or Doran Tainer. I could actually see a squad like the Wraiths having a full Jedi as a member.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote  

Sorta spoilerish for Conviction...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Regarding the "old" Wraiths, I hope we see Myn Donos and Gara Petothel is the next novel. X-Wing: Wraith Squadron: Solo Command left their relationship is in a disappointing speculative ending. Hopefully through flashbacks, we can see what happened to their relationship.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:05 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Don't know about seeing Myn/Lara in flashbacks - he joined the Rogues after the Wraiths moved to Intel. But...perhaps they have a kid and he/she joins the Wraiths? Now THAT would be cool!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:09 pm Reply with quote  

The new Wraith Squadron book has a title now X-Wing: Mercy Kill. I like it. Sounds hardcore and sinister. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I really can't even begin to describe just how thrilled I am for this. I was happy enough knowing I was going to be seeing a book with the Wraiths in it, but now discovering that the X-Wing series is coming back after twelve years is just too good to be true.

Here's hoping this is just the first of many new X-Wing books.

"You know, on some worlds, it's a felony to wear an ewok as a swimsuit."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote  

Well it makes sense that it's an X-Wing book since all the others were. Now the question is whether to read all of them in eager anticipation. Hmm, too soon I think. But I'll definitely consider it as the release grows nearer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

There was talk a while back that this Wraith novel probably wasn't going to be an X-Wing novel and be marketed just as a Wraith Squadron novel. I'd have to go searching through old interview transcripts with Sue and Shelly, but the heart of the issue was licensing rights between Bantam Spectra and Del Rey. While they're both under the Random House name, but there were apparently some complications.

That appears to have been worked out (as evidenced by the massive ebook release) and could mean that the doors are open for additional novels.

"You know, on some worlds, it's a felony to wear an ewok as a swimsuit."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm more excited about this than just about any recent EU book.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 12