EUC Weekly Opinion Columns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
What I want more than anything in the EU is to follow the Rule of Two from Bane to Vader. When last we left off, Bane was dead and Zannah and Cognus were off to continue the mission. The only way to pass the mantle is for the apprentice to surpass the master. By the time they got a few cycles into this paradigm they must have been insanely powerful in the dark side. Me. Want.

Me want too!

I gotta say, I didn't much care for Zannah in the books. They made her look a bit incompetent with the whole "when should I kill my master?" angle and taking on that terrible apprentice Set Harth. Cognus I loved, though. Love love loved her.

I liked the idea of the apprentice being more skilled than the master, like Zannah's skill with Sith alchemy that Bane was pretty much useless at. I like the idea of always one-upping the master, so I'd love to see them go straight up to Palpatine with this whole Rule of Two thing. I would just hope it wouldn't get repetitive, that's really my biggest fear. The books would all essentially boil down to getting an apprentice, forging an uneasy alliance with the apprentice and then having the apprentice eventually rise up and kill the master.

That's why I was rooting for Bane there at the end. It would have been quite a surprise to have him kill Zannah!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Currently I find myself less worried about the Sith's Rule of 2, and more about this new Sith emperor's empire, and himself. He's already centuries old, and has mastered some form of spirit transfer. Blood of the Empire implies he's learned a new trick not too long ago. And we know that come Bane's time the Sith Empire is gone, and the Sith Order was all that remained.

Though I would enjoy a few (like maybe 2 to 3 tops) Sith from the Rule of 2's stories told. Not too close to each other, but like far enough apart as to set a direction for the overall path the Sith took.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote  

But I believe Cognus takes Millennial as her apprentice and he's a three eyed mutant. You cannot pass up an opportunity like that. Laughing Plus his talent was seeing the future and he ended up abandoning the Rule of Two, leaving his master, and founding the Prophets of the Dark Side. It's a really good setup for another book with fresh angles that would separate it from the Bane Trilogy, especially if they took Millennial as the main character they could possibly even do a trilogy. A one off would be a safer bet, but it could be done.

Now I feel like I've gone off topic. We should be talking about comics, right? Maybe a Darth Millennial comic miniseries to see if the interest is there, then springboard into a book. Dark Horse and Del Rey are working together with Knight Errant so it would be a logical trend.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

New Mega-Column: New Mega-Column (Fall Annual): Death in the EU http://tiny.cc/yje1z

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote  

That was indeed a mega column. Nice work though, very enjoyable. Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

New Column - Zombie Fever! http://www.eucantina.net/archives/8907

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote  

I think you were spot on Chris. Deathtroopers got a lot of hype and turned out to be a decent but not great book. The page count didn't bother me because I've read all of Schreiber's books so I'm used to the low page count. However, those other books weren't hardcovers...so I can gripe about that Very Happy

I do hope Red Harvest will be an entertaining book. I think my expectation level will be lower this time around so I should enjoy it more. I'll just have to suffer with the higher price tag.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:35 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Sorry about the double post on the main page when I went to post a comment. I seemed to be having a hard time with the anti-spam word thingie. I had no idea it went through the first time (partially) before posting my comment again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No problem Rev, I've cleaned it up by deleting your first post. All is well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

New Column - The Evolution of Boba Fett.
http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9035

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote  

Ah, good old Fett. I'm a Fett fan, but which Fett do I like the best? I'm going to go with all of them because I like to mix and match my parts Laughing I like the lethal quiet man he started out as, I like him taking his bounties and becoming a wealthy stock baron in his advanced years (and still lethal), and I liked seeing how reality crashed down on him and gave him purpose when he lifted his dad's helmet off the ground on Geonosis as a child. It would be nice if they'd at least name drop him in FOTJ.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

New Column - A little help from the fans

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9128

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

No link to the latest edition? You can read it here. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
No link to the latest edition? You can read it here. Smile

Why thank ya, mam'm! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:58 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

No new column this week?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 11