Comments on "Master of the Sword"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Library's Archives View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comments on "Master of the Sword"
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Have some comments for Master of the Sword by Darth Skuldren? Feel free to post all those comments here!

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Skuldren, that was excellent! I sat down to read it last night and this morning, and almost couldn't put it down! It felt just like one of the short stories I might read in the back of Darth Bane or something. Congratz!

There were a couple of choppy or what seemed to be unncessary parts, but only a couple. Overall the story flowed extremely well and also contained sections that begged to be fleshed out at a later time. To have gone into detail during that moment would have been to drag the story out too much, but it laid a great foundation for a possible future tale.

The only criticism I have at this point is making sure you explain who is the focus of a certain action. In other words, there were times when you would say, "He felt a searing pain in his side." And I would be confused as to which character was feeling the pain. Things like that.

Otherwise, excellent job! I look forward to reading Tales of Darth Skuldren, which I plan on getting to in the next week or so. Good work! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote  

Awesome Mara, thanks for the critiques. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Library's Archives

Page 1 of 1