Blood of the Empire Web Comic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood of the Empire Web Comic
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quote  

This has been out for a while but I didn't see a thread for it. Blood of the Empire is a FREE web comic available on the TOR site that is written by Alexander Freed (one of the game designers for TOR). New issues are put online every other Friday. It is of course set during The Old Republic and mainly follows the storyline of a young Sith, Teneb Kel. It's pretty good and I found the last couple issues have really caught my attention.

There are several story arcs broken into acts, and so far there have been three:

Act 1 - Shades of the Sith
Act 2 - The Broken World
Act 3 - Burn the Future

You can check them all out at http://www.swtor.com/

Feel free to discuss them here Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Re: Blood of the Empire Web Comic
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The free webcomics break down into 3 arcs- then are re printed in comic form.

Threat of Peace was the first and is finished- both as a free webcomic (new ones) and as a re print in paper. The Paper comic for - The TOR comic series will continue and pick up Blood of the Empire next.

At this point we should get a new free webcomic that will go 3 arcs and later also be collected- no word yet on if they have a 3rd line ready, but they did start this TOR comic line to collect these free web comics.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote  

I like the idea of the webcomics. For one, they're free, but also the fact that they are printing them so you can get a copy if you want to. Not sure how their sales are doing with them, but it certainly makes me happy and happy reader or more likely to buy them. I'd certainly consider a TPB of them.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote  

Well Blood of the Empire wrapped up with its last issue. Interesting ending that leaves things up in the air. One thing of note: I really like the design of the Inquisitor. He looks like a wizard. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, interesting last issue.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote  

I hadn't thought of that. I kept wondering where the story would go next. I suppose the game will have story elements to it that will add upon all of this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm most curious about the sith emperor, the implications about this emperor from this story alone, not even adding to it Revan's fate and Malak's. I mean in Blood we learn that the Sith Emperor has been making these plans for CENTURIES, and since he looks so young it can only be assumed that he's already been doing the spirit transfer.

I hope the game covers him more. Or we get books based off the game like the warhamer books or halo. I mean I know we get EU books already tie-in ready and all that, but I want part of the game in a book form, unlike what we got with Revan,

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I hadn't thought of that. I kept wondering where the story would go next. I suppose the game will have story elements to it that will add upon all of this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1