S3 - Episode 3: Supply Lines
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote  

I found it uncomfortably awkward and silly when he tried to make artwork out of plates. And amazingly enough he didn't break any Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah that was really out of place- especially considering a Jedi and his captain die in the next scene. Confused This was kind of a snoozer episode for me, but it was cool how it tied Ambush and the Ryloth Trilogy together.

I didn't get why the clones were on Ryloth though. There was such a fuss in Liberty On Ryloth about avoiding a Republic occupation, but aren't they already there? Maybe I'm missing something...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:
Yeah that was really out of place- especially considering a Jedi and his captain die in the next scene. Confused

Perhaps they were trying to distract the children from the violence....or something.......

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote  

This episode would occur before the Ryloth Trilogy episodes.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know. I'm saying, if this took place before the earlier Ryloth episodes, why is there a Republic occupation? Cham Syndulla wanted to avoid an occupation in Liberty On Ryloth.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Overall I was very pleased with this episode. Yes, my heart sank when I saw Jar Jar, but he wasn't overdone, and when he acted with his usual goofiness it was at least used as a strength to forward the story, not a hinderence or a distraction, and I didn't really find it jarring that the death scene and juggling act were juxtaposed together, and it didn't feel as kiddish this time, there was something almost Bruckheimer about it. Disney, but mature Disney. If that makes sense. What struck me about this one was that it centred on either previously unknown characters or minor characters, so we had no idea how it was going to end, and I almost cheered when Di died. Okay, that sounds bad, but you get my point. It's a big galaxy, a war spanning hundreds of worlds, it can't just be the same six or so people fighting it. For that reason I wouldn't feel dirty watching again, I may even enjoy it!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

On a sitenote, did anybody else feel Bail was looking a bit gaunt? Or was that because they knew this would air on Hallowe'en weekend, and they dressed him up as one of the undead?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quote  

You know, I thought I noticed Bail looking a little strange last time I saw him in TCW. I'll have to take a closer look next time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know they're not the best photos, but still:

The second is a lot more forgiving, but with the first I think you see where I'm coming from!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 2