Red Harvest by Joe Schreiber
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I agree with Mara. This cover is just more disturbing to me than the Deathtroopers one. I guess because the Sith looks....possessed, I guess. Confused

It actually has the standard Sith eyes. Really the only thing that makes it look any different is the blood on the mouth, and since its zombie that makes sense to me. The Fatal Alliance cover was just as dark and eerie but because it wasn't zombie it gets less flak.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is that Sith a "Zombie"? Couldn't it be just the Sith Academy's master we know from an early blurb? Infected, yes - I think that can be assumed - but he does look very much alive still.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:23 am Reply with quote  

Looks good to me. Definitely conveys "horror" and "zombie" even if the Sith isn't technically a zombie. I could see this cover grabbing people's attention as they walk by in the book store.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:43 am Reply with quote  

Blurb is on the front page, and it makes the book sound awesome Very Happy

Blurb...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:09 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, congratz on a decent blurb, Del Rey! I've been disappointed several times recently, but this one gets me excited! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Awesome, I'm getting excited for this one.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*clicks preorder* huzzah Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote  

So, when is Enough is Enough when it comes to releasing preview chapters for a book? They've released FOUR chapters so far. When they got to three, I thought that was pushing it. I really, truly did not believe they would post any more.

But now they're at four.

Anyone want to take bets that they'll release five?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Enough is already enough. I was singing their praises with the first release, because it was such a short chapter and such a nice teaser. But now? It's aggravating. I don't understand Del Rey's marketing strategies anymore. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Shh! Del Ray might hear you! If they carry on, then we get the book for free!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quote  

LOL, you know what they would do? They'd post everything except the last chapter in order to make us buy the book. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
LOL, you know what they would do? They'd post everything except the last chapter in order to make us buy the book. Laughing

And we'd grab it off the shelves like freakin star wars rats and take it to the corner and read it while calling it 'the precious'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Yeah, pretty much. We'd also mutter about "filthy nasty publishers" and how they tried to "steal it from us, yes they did". Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Yeah, pretty much. We'd also mutter about "filthy nasty publishers" and how they tried to "steal it from us, yes they did". Wink

And then we'd have read the final chapter without paying for the novel and walk out the store like we're bloody yoda and we just confused them with our jedi mind trick Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ladies and Gentlemen I own it and I just started it but I'll say this...

Its only 244 pages and I am extremely annoyed about that.

Will report more when i finish it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 6