Knight Errant Book and Comic by John Jackson Miller
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knight Errant Book and Comic by John Jackson Miller
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Discuss the new Knight Errant Comic here. You can also speculate about the novel coming in January.

Oh, and there is a new four page short story by John Jackson Miller online as a prequel to the first issue of Knight Errant : http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9211

Last edited by Old Master Ben on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Somehow it never registered for me before that this is a written short story, I went through the early announcements of this by believing it to be a comic... Razz

So, an added guilt for the heroine because of her actions in this story. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Does anyone else think that Holt looks a bit like Mary Lynn Rajskub?
There's one picture in particular that reminds me of her. Trying to take a picture of it, but my hands keep shaking from the cold! I'l keep working on it.
EDIT: Kerra Holt:

And Mary Lynn Rajskub:

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quote  

Definitely a similarity there.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:23 am Reply with quote  

Anyone else think the Knight Errant cover art looks a little too cartoonish?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, it's based off of that original concept art by Ralph McQuarrie, so I like it. I just wish that the art on the cover would match the art inside this comic.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Anyone else think the Knight Errant cover art looks a little too cartoonish?

Ah, someone agrees with me! Check out EUCast (one of the episodes...I don't remember which) where I go on about the Knight Errant covers being too cartoonish. Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It looks like something from Teletoon. Neutral

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote  

I need to check one of these comics out sometime. I haven't read one yet. The short story they released on Starwars.com was really good, so I'm looking forward to the book. If the comic art is different on the inside (and judging by that image of the inside panels it is) than the covers, then I'd certainly be willing to give it a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hmm, it may just be my mind acting up, but I really don't see anything different in terms of styles between the cover art and the inside art. But maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.
Moving on, yes, it looks a little cartoonish, but for the moment that's a styling I can live with. Having only read KOTOR, Vector and Legacy my experience of comic art is limited but in some (I think it was the Vector ones, and the KOTOR TPB after Vindication) they didn't sit well with me. Luckily, this does, cartoony is something I can live with, so I'm not complaining too much.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote  

Knight Errant book is coming out soon! January 25th. Pre-ordered mine on Amazon today. Very Happy

And rejoice! It's a paperback so it won't rob your wallet blind. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I guess this would be a good place to mention our EUCast contest. You can enter to win the Knight Errant novel and Knight Errant Issue #4! Email eucast@eucantina.net with the subject: Knight Errant Giveaway!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 am Reply with quote  

Started reading this last night. I'm on page 55. So far, it's really good. I'm enjoying Kerra Holt and these strange Sith Lords.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This book is SO GOOD.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm about halfway through. It's pretty good, thus far. I'm finding the handling of the Sith of this era to be particularly of interest, especially the tendency to attach the suffix -ite to the end of their name in describing their domain or anything within it. Makes sense given that the Order of the Sith Lords in the films are called Banite.

I'm seeing this idea that essentially is showing that these Sith are much more diverse than the Order of the Sith Lords seen in the film, which is basically the one surviving faction of these Sith. It's a shame the history of the Sith has become so confused now with SWTOR and the Sith Empire in that... I wonder if it has any relationship to the New Sith now, or if it is still eliminated prior to Phanius becoming Darth Ruin and creating the Fourth Great Schism?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 7