Random Thing of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:58 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

"Nein Nein Nein, we need more archaeologists!!!" Lol!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My dad bought a new chicken and pork rub called, "KC Butt Spice."

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I have invented a new word! Whether or not it catches on is up for debate. This increases my list of Entirely Serious New Words By Me to two (the list of Entirely Unserious Words is much longer). The new word is: microlative. The opposite of superlative. This goes alongside my word (or phrase, rather) or 'natural euhemerism'. Now I just have to get them into common usage. I'm doomed!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Meet my friend Tumbles, aptly named as he consistently tumbles off the dashboard whenever we go through a traffic circle.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*waves* Helloooooo Tumbles!!!

We once owned a street cat named Mobile because he was always moving around. Our intentions wasn't to keep him when we found him, but he just wandered into our backyard when my sister and I discovered him. It started raining and since he was an alley cat we decided to take him under cover for the night. Now when my mum gave him the name Mobile we were instantly in love with the cat and adopted him.
I was only in third grade when he died and the next morning after I found out, I couldn't concentrate and lost my race. Well, more than lost. I had a good jump start but I lost my balance and fell. Had a nasty bruise and I couldn't keep crying. My grandmother, who came to see my race, took me and my sister to a local pet shop and told us to get ourselves each a kitten.
It was the best present ever and it wasn't even Christmas both cats at a fully grown age but walked away when we moved into a new house. We never saw them ever again. I just hope they are now safe in kitty heaven... Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Umm...

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

JainaSolo wrote:
*waves* Helloooooo Tumbles!!!

We once owned a street cat named Mobile because he was always moving around. Our intentions wasn't to keep him when we found him, but he just wandered into our backyard when my sister and I discovered him. It started raining and since he was an alley cat we decided to take him under cover for the night. Now when my mum gave him the name Mobile we were instantly in love with the cat and adopted him.
I was only in third grade when he died and the next morning after I found out, I couldn't concentrate and lost my race. Well, more than lost. I had a good jump start but I lost my balance and fell. Had a nasty bruise and I couldn't keep crying. My grandmother, who came to see my race, took me and my sister to a local pet shop and told us to get ourselves each a kitten.
It was the best present ever and it wasn't even Christmas both cats at a fully grown age but walked away when we moved into a new house. We never saw them ever again. I just hope they are now safe in kitty heaven... Smile

That is quite sad. That they walked away, I mean.

I have 3 cats but they don't go outside because we have a first floor (second floor to Americans) apartment.

If they did I think I'd constantly worry about them anyway.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I have invented a new word! Whether or not it catches on is up for debate. This increases my list of Entirely Serious New Words By Me to two (the list of Entirely Unserious Words is much longer). The new word is: microlative. The opposite of superlative. This goes alongside my word (or phrase, rather) or 'natural euhemerism'. Now I just have to get them into common usage. I'm doomed!

I once invented (I think) a word when I was really disoriented and had no idea what was going on around me. I wanted to say "confused" and "puzzled" at the same time and ended up with saying: "I'm very confuzzled right now."
Everyone looked at me like I might be crazy. Well at least it's not as crazy as my friend who keeps saying "propopotomous" (whatever that is) for no reason whatsoever. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

My friend and I used to use "confuzzled", as well. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

O-kay ...

Video reaction to Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 Trailer
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote  

It just occurred to me that with the zombie apocalypse dentists/dental hygene will go right out the window but we'll be scavanging all these foods with high sugar content. Which means our teeth will go back to the poor condition they were in at 10,000 B.C. or be even worse. *shudders at memories of ancient, caveity rotted teeth studied in my human skeletal biology class*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ I imagine that the death toll, for things that we can generally treat these days like flu, broken limbs, food poisoning, appendix burst,.... would become much higher.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It may not be initially as bad as I'm sure a lot of people would pack toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss and mouthwash is survival kits, but then again those only last so long... Razz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy wrote:
^ I imagine that the death toll, for things that we can generally treat these days like flu, broken limbs, food poisoning, appendix burst,.... would become much higher.

Well, as antibiotics have expiration dates, more probably wouldn't be manufactured, so I'd say large numbers would be dying from infection.

We're so used to antibiotics in our world, I'm sure a lot of people don't realize how recently they were introduced. We basically had no antibiotics until after WWII.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Hogy wrote:

Well, as antibiotics have expiration dates, more probably wouldn't be manufactured, so I'd say large numbers would be dying from infection.

We're so used to antibiotics in our world, I'm sure a lot of people don't realize how recently they were introduced. We basically had no antibiotics until after WWII.

Well I wouldn't die from antibiotic shortage, I assure you. I never needed them "much", nor will their lack of it be my undoing. I've been through shattered, broaken, fractured, whatever bones. I live, kick ass. All I need is a nice car and nice weapons.

Yes I can kill Zombies.

Would I survive zombie apocalypse?

No. Probably not.

Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 27 of 43