Random Thing of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

As you may have surmised form the chatbox, yesterday was my birthday. I am now 20. My birthday corresponded to the season opener of my hometown OHL team (and they won!). My presents were a disc drive for my laptop, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (my favourite book after Narnia), a book bag, two movies (Warm Bodies and Silver Linings Playbook; both romantic comedies... what's happening to me lol? In my defence, at least they're both very unorthodox romantic comedies), and a classical guitar.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^Well... Happy 20th birthday Reep!

I hope you had some Aztec style sacrifition of cake. Cutting into a poor defensless pastry was often the highlight of my birthdays. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Happy Birthday, Reep!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Happy Birthday Reep! It sounds like you had an awesome day! Just one question: why isn't this in the "Good Thing of the Day" thread? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Heh. I was wondering if someone would catch that. The reason, I labeled my birthday as "random" rather than straight up "good" is because, though it was indeed an awesome day, I'm a little depressed at turning twenty. It's pretty bittersweet.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reep, you're not allowed to be depressed about turning 20. Just think of it this way, Han would be calling you kid. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha, that's true. Now that I think of it, Luke seems young for a twenty year old.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The last few days have been pretty wild, but things are settling down.

My grandfather came through his hip surgery on Monday just fine. He was hoping to be able to go home tomorrow, but it doesn't seem likely. And he's not supposed to put too much pressure on his hip or twist it around for a minimum of 6 weeks up to a maximum of 12 weeks, which means it could likely be into January before he's able to start working in his workshop again. Sad

In happier news, we celebrated my B-Day this past weekend with both sides of the family. I recieved a journal, a shirt and pants set, money, Star Trek Into Darkness on DVD, and the first two books of a trilogy: Michael Vey - The Prisoner of Cell 25 and Rise of the Elgen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Heh. I was wondering if someone would catch that. The reason, I labeled my birthday as "random" rather than straight up "good" is because, though it was indeed an awesome day, I'm a little depressed at turning twenty. It's pretty bittersweet.

I have a friend who gets upset every time she has a birthday. She's all "I hate getting old!" and we're all "Dude, you're the youngest among our group of friends. And you're 27."

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ The last handful of birthdays have been bittersweet for me. I guess I just take life too seriously. *shrugs*

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Went in for an endoscopy the other day. Because I was feeling a little unwell I opted for the knockout stuff. This may have been a bad idea as, afterwards, when the nurse was explaining the results of the procedure to me, I was entirely out of it, can't remember a thing she said.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been struggling with feelings of jealousy over the last few days.

This year there have been four weddings in our church family, with a fifth coming up next month. Three of the newlywed couples are already expecting - and one of the three just got married on Saturday. Most are around my age, with some younger and one or two older.

As you can probably tell, this is causing me to feel rather left out. I'm 24 already and have never had a boyfriend. Dad and Mom told me years ago that they were behind me 100% on waiting until I felt ready to marry, but now I'm wondering if their attitudes are changing. They're not pushing me, but Mom has said a few things this year that make me wonder, and hearing her gush over the babies at church has gotten kind of irritating.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, and that the Lord will bring my future husband into my path when the time is right, but I can't quite shake that green eyed monster.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ I know just how you feel, Alan. I'm 20 and friends I had back in youth group are getting married (including my "true love") and I feel like the clock is ticking. I hate that feeling. I wish I could just stop time. I've never had a girlfriend either (though if you remember all my drama from earlier, I told my crush how I felt about her - only to have her tell me she's engaged). That crushed the hell out of me. It sucks, but you're not alone.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I feel ya as well, Alan. I'm 23, have never had a boyfriend, and have been asked out a grand total of once. Most of my friends are also single, but date frequently. It's a bit discouraging.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My roommate has had 3 girlfriends while at college - I've had none. But none of them have turned out well for him, so I'm not in a hurry to experience it myself.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 39 of 43