Random Thing of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Particle board, but you wouldn't know it. They look fantastic! I actually bought the frames and posters separately. I compressed the story so it wouldn't need as much explanation, but only the frames were in the boxes. The posters came rolled in tubes.

I am going to decorate my living room in my new apartment in all my favorite movie posters, starting with these three. As soon as they are hung (hopefully this weekend), I will share some pictures. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If you all have never seen videos by Olan Rogers you are missing out. He's my favorite YouTuber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f660P0L8FKU

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The police came banging on my door last night at 11:00. Neutral

They said I called 911, which I did not. But I live in an apartment behind a house, so I thought maybe the house called. The police then went to the house, but I don't know what happened after that because I couldn't see. I still don't know...

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
The police came banging on my door last night at 11:00. Neutral

They said I called 911, which I did not. But I live in an apartment behind a house, so I thought maybe the house called. The police then went to the house, but I don't know what happened after that because I couldn't see. I still don't know...

The last thing I want is to alarm you, but I've read a while ago, that sometimes the perps dress up as the Police and come knocking, to scope the place out, in order to see if the place is worth robbing later on. But they don't have a cop car, so if you've seen the patrol car, you're save.

On the other hand, maybe someone has ordered a couple of male strippers and they got lost and you send them next door. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:39 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hee-hee! I actually had the same thought about the "fake" police. But no, they did go get back in their squad car. I saw it with my own eyes when they drove away.

Of course, to add to the story, someone broke into my car last night! Which would make you wonder, yes? My car is parked behind the house, so they were bold enough to go back there. Which worries me. I have an alarm on the house, and it is always on. But I don't live in a bad area. It does bother me a little for these things to happen in a two-day span. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

That blows, Mara, did they take anything?

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:03 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ Kinda crazy to have both happen so quickly! I would call it coincidence, and not worry about a link or anything like that. Is there a see through fence to the front of your house? Perhaps someone was shopping that model car they needed a part for? If nothing was taken, maybe even a case of punk kids just smashing? That still sucks though sorry to hear

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm back in school with a new program. While I'm glad to be back in school and moving forward (hence why I didn't post this in the gripe thread), I'm feeling depressed right now. I seem to have a natural resistance to change, at least at first, and I always get depressed when I find myself in a new environment. It's difficult to describe. Once I get reoriented, I'll be fine, but for now... blah.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote  

I checked the status of an order on Amazon and was amused how, even though it was 9PM Amazon maintained that the order was "on time" for delivery by 8PM tonight. I guess if they've decided to skip Amazondrones and gone straight to AmazonTARDIS delivery systems that delivery status could still be true. (and hey I am not going to complain if they start delivery by TARDIS) Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Writing things fills me with vicarious emotions I don't understand. But I find it fun just the same.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote  

I was reading a Car and Driver magazine the other day and the had an article on license plate scanning. I did not realize that there is a huge commercial business in scanning license plates and selling that data to third party companies. By scanning your plate, they also record the time of day and your location. Thus with enough scans, they can get an idea of where you are at different times in the day, mapping out your regular routine.

I wasn't very happy to learn this.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Scary times we live in. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote  

Congrats Yoda! We know how you've been struggling with chalk addiction for a while and the irresistible urge you get to write or draw on sidewalks/roads whenever you get your hands on some chalk. Wink

(yes it is one of those days where my sense of humor decides it will figure out ways to derive a meaning opposite to what was intended; incidentally I think this would have made for a good Monty Python sketch).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Actually, if you knew the type of humor that this image is referencing you'd find your joke fits right in. Razz

- Walter Bishop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 42 of 43