Star Wars: Force Commander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: Force Commander
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, anyone ever play this? I just picked it up from Goodwill, but am unable to play it on my 64-bit computer. Rather...I could probably play it, but I can't even get it installed. So I have to wait for my sister to return from her trip with the 32-bit laptop. Then we'll see how it goes. But did anyone play this and enjoy it? I'm just curious, because I really have no idea what it is. I just saw, "Star Wars", and grabbed it. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Re: Star Wars: Force Commander
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Now this is a name I've not heard...in a LONG time.

Despite the age of this thread, yes I've actually played it. Came across it at a Future Shop about 10 years ago in about the same way. "Oh hey, Star Wars!"

Its a decent game for tactics and overall layout. Graphics are poor, but for mid-90s, about what you'd expect.

What is surprisingly excellent though, is the plot included in the game with the Tantor family and their involvement with both the empire and the rebellion .

Did you ever get the game to work Mara?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting that you've commented on this thread! Because I completely forgot that I ever posted this, not to mention that I completely forgot I owned the game. I apparently have a very bad memory, but you've helped me solve a recent mystery.

I recently bought my sister Empire at War, because she's a strategy nut. And sure enough, she loves it. But it did cause me to ask the question, "Don't we have Force Commander? I'm pretty sure I bought that game at some point." I haven't gone digging for it, but apparently I do own it! So it's around here somewhere, and that's one mystery solved.

I'm interested in playing it, but I know my sister would have way more fun with it. So I'll let her give it a go while I get used to TOR. I'll let you know what she thinks of it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Page 1 of 1