So this is Christmas....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  

When you hear "Happy Holidays", what do you think?
That should say Merry Christmas! Jesus is the reason for the seaon.
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
I plead the 5th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No one religion or following owns December, it's all good! And Happy Holidays to YOU!
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
We do something different altogether - let me tell you...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
It's a beauty. A big, hardcover with illustrations by Gustave Dore. Cool

The fact that something like that exists made me so happy I missed my counter and spilt a drink on it. thank god I was holding my laptop haha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I got a PS3 with Gran Turismo 5. I'll be in the rec room for the next 2 weeks... Razz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i got Vortex, a star wars M&Ms dispenser lol, and a bunch of other random stuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

DarthSanith wrote:

My wife got a SW M&M's dispenser- with Blue Han M&M Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I got so much stuff, I couldn't even tell you. But I'll try!

1. Plush Companion Cube...so awesome! Very Happy

2. Medal of Honor: Airborne...great game, though a little short.

3. NewEgg.com gift card...perfect for a geek like me.

4. Halo Box Set: Ghosts of Onyx, Contact Harvest, and The Cole Protocol...looking forward to reading these!

5. Patriot XT 16GB travel drive...awesomeness!

6. Microsoft Arc mouse...again awesome.

7. Coffee gift cards...I'm set for school next semester! Wink

8. A devotional book for every day of the year.

9. Christian college choir CD...West Coast Baptist College, have a friend who goes there, great choir.

10. Padme got me a Han Solo magnet. Pretty cool, trying to find a place in my car that's metal! But so far no luck. Confused

And if there's anything else, I'm forgetting, ha. Was an awesome Christmas! Surprisingly, the only Star Wars thing I got was from Padme. It was more of a tech-savvy/geeky Christmas for me. Very thankful for all the gifts. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Scored:

Jedi Path

Star Wars Visions

a new Star Wars hoodie

New Star Wars shirt w/ the millenium falcon

and the best gift of all....
A new motorcycle helmet! I don't ride but its something I have been trying to do for years. When we lived in DC it was way too scary. Now that we live out in Denver its more realistic. So all I need now is a class to get my license. Oh, and an actual motorcycle.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
DarthSanith wrote:

My wife got a SW M&M's dispenser- with Blue Han M&M Wink

haha mine was a Yellow Luke M&M Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hey, Mara, this isn't exactly pertinent, although I thought you may be interested. I have been reliably informed by a friend that Jewish scientists have determined that Jesus' birthday was on (or around) 25th September, and that the 25th December is the date of conception.
Anyway, let's move on to what Christmas is really about: presents! Oh! I have a few, very nice ones! But I've forgotten, Christmas traditions. Well, our tradition is for me to start Eve with yelling at my sister to be down in time for midnight, where we open our presents (discovering to no one's surprise that my sister has gone doolally on her Christmas present buying again), despite everyone's insistence that we're all going to bed at 11. At which point we go to bed at 2ish, where, in the morning, it's a mad dash to eat all the Christmas tree chocolates, and pull as many crackers as possible. After that it's merely damage control.
Now, presents! Vortex. I haven't even managed to start reading it yet, but I shall today. The Jedi Path. I've got a Jedi cred! And TFUII. Despite all the bad things that was said about this, I liked it very much! Also, a dictionary on the old sayings of my county. Which means if you see me saying some odd words, don't worry, it's merely me trying out my Sussex lingo! The Legion by Simon Scarrow. The Gladiator was so good I almost chose Legion over Vortex! A new Xbox which I had to trade in my old one for, but worth it. And, wait for it: Robot Chicken! I'm in love. Fifa 11, where I've discovered that my football skills on the pitch do not transfer well off the pitch, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which I've only started playing. 24, which is looking forlorn on my shelf, and lastly, well, is a little private, but the best one of all. There is a woman, I sent her a poem (don't laugh) and in return she said she loves me. Best. Present. Ever.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
Hey, Mara, this isn't exactly pertinent, although I thought you may be interested. I have been reliably informed by a friend that Jewish scientists have determined that Jesus' birthday was on (or around) 25th September, and that the 25th December is the date of conception.

I'd seen a program that figured it closest to April 17th I remembered that cause it's my son's birthday. But they used a bunch of bible references and climate calculations and stuff. But even then one has to doubt it.

I think it's fine that they use the 25th to recognize the date personally. As long as people remember that other cultures had the date in their traditions long before Jesus was born and can all get along, I'm good.

Excellent gifts Life!

Your tradition sounds like fun!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Fun Facts With The Bible. I always find this technical stuff irrelevant.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 2