I Wonder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I have faith Batman could stop him. Laughing

As long as he had some kryptonite.

I will now demonstrate how much of a nerd I am...

At one point in the DC universe Superman DID go crazy. He was under Braniac's control. Batman was able to stop him by crafting a Kryptonite ring, and since Superman relies on his powers and strength without them he has no real fighting skills and Batman was able to demolish him. Therefore Batman now always wears the ring just in case.

Tada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote  

Ha ha! That's awesome. I knew I was right. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If Superman went crazy, I would say he would destroy the world.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Yeah, I knew that, but I was thinking more of some kind of psychotic break, rather than a possession or evil twin.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:20 am Reply with quote  

You know there is the Justice League episode featuring an alternate universe with the "Justice Lords" where that Superman vaporizes Lex with his heat vision and lobotomizes every villain as a nice simple way of ending crime. So we maybe have an idea of what might happen if Superman went nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote  

My pondering: why do some people feel the need to post everything on people's walls on facebook. What's wrong with private messaging?

Kinda bugs me sometimes since I tend to be a more private individual and prefer private messages but then some people only write back if I post on their wall. Then I'm left wondering why the devil that happens and if I'm missing something. Personally I'd like it if PMs on facebook had a like button so people could at least let me know they read the message and approve of it...

(ok so half question and half rant technically).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Personally I feel some people use social networking sites just to prove how popular they are, how in touch with others they are. Can't do that in private.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Social Networking is all about number one. Rolling Eyes

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wonder why people are surprised that I really speak like this. Confused
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Speak like what, Life? That was a pretty tame post for you. Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Very Happy

Well, my good fellow, I shall tell thee with all the vivaciousness and wanton randomosity of a bumbling circus high wirer performer. That is to say, sadly, that I shall fall over my words and fall flat on my face. And even if I didn't? I shall dive from my chair and fall flat on my face, for the fun of it.

It was quite remarkable, and somewhat disturbing, when a friend approached me (such actions are often quite scary to begin with, but this was a great deal more so) and expressed her shock and awe that I really do use 'old fashioned' words, colouful language that would not be amiss in a dismally made 30s period drama, which I found shockingly aweful.

As such, I polled my friends (that is to say, I lined them up and tied them to a pole) and many, though not all, I hasten to add (these I released back into the wild) felt surprise at my non conformist and random use of lesser known words in the beginning.

It is because, old chap, the English language is distinctly blessed to have four times the number of words than the French language - this is because there are more sources that our words derive from: Celtic, Gaelic, Norse, Saxon, Latin, French etc. When I learned this fact I became sad. I, too, became depressed, at the thought that we simply do not use all these words to their full potential. I was sad, and depressed. But not no more! Like Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat (not sure what they had when films were in black and white), I donned my cape and fedora, scrawled, within an inch of its life, with random words that I've long since forgotten the meaning to. And misuse them at my will.

Furthermore, I was surprised I was the first of such a person they had come across. Here, and on the internet elsewhere, others use delightfully unfrequented words

Phew. I'm knackered now! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Now that's more like it. Olde-English speech can be smashing good fun, eh wot? Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wonder why, why, why, Delilah?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote  

And now I'm wondering who Delilah is and what Life is talking about. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 7